Does Lightning Strike Twice?

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Does Lightning Strike Twice?

Postby BrianD » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:47 pm

Good suggestion, Ecca. I should have tried that. Actually, someone might have! Several months ago I traded in the original Black Beauty which I mentioned at the start of this thread through Guitar Junction in Worthing. Thyey sold it on but it is now back in their showroom and you can see it at http://www.guitarjunction.com/shop/view ... ?prod=1671 I went there last weekend and tried it again - to my amazement the static problem has now gone. As hard as I tried I couldn't get it to crackle. I can only assume whoever bought it and used it for a few weeks must have done something to cure it. If I hadn't already bought "Pearly Gates" I might have been tempted to buy it back again. I was gob-smacked as no-one I took it to was able to solve the original problem.

Pearly Gates, though is a fantastic Les Paul and absolutely sings - a great range of tones and a lovely feel. :D

Brian
BrianD

Full Real Name: Brian Dandridge

Previous

Return to Gear