Ironstone Pickups

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Ironstone Pickups

Postby JimJ » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:44 pm

Hi guys,
I have asked this on another forum but I only got 1 reply only my situation is now worse.
I've got a mim strat and I asked should I change pickups to ironstone gold, answer was yes
the thing is I bought my grandson a squier strat in the hope he would like to play guitar,answer
was no my question is now should Inow put the ironstones into squier or mim strat.
And no I'm nothing to do with ironstone.

Many Thanks,
JimJ.
JimJ

Re: Ironstone Pickups

Postby dave robinson » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:22 pm

The pickups on your MIM Strat will be half decent, so I'd try them on the Squier first - it will be a vast improvement. If you fancy it you can then swap pickguards around and decide which pickups sound best on which guitar. :idea:
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby JimJ » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:58 pm

Thanks Dave looks like I'm only going to get 1 reply here as well my problem now I've got 2 different answers.

regards JimJ
JimJ

Postby tonyRyman » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:29 pm

Hi Dave

I hope i have posted this in the correct place and not hijacked the thread?

Can you please tell me what gauge and make of strings you used on the recent you tube video at the Notts Meeting, as i thought it sounded great !.
I have a cheap affinity strat and would like to improve the tone, please advise.
Kind regards
Tony
tonyRyman

Full Real Name: Anthony Ryman

Postby dave robinson » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:23 am

tonyRyman wrote:Hi Dave

I hope i have posted this in the correct place and not hijacked the thread?

Can you please tell me what gauge and make of strings you used on the recent you tube video at the Notts Meeting, as i thought it sounded great !.
I have a cheap affinity strat and would like to improve the tone, please advise.
Kind regards
Tony

Hi Tony ,those strings are D'Addario 10/46.
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Return to Gear