Tascam DP-02 --- Help

For anything to do with guitars, amps, effects units and any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Tascam DP-02 --- Help

Postby guitarpicker » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:35 pm

Hi Guys,

I hope that I am on the right page for this message, if not I apologies :oops:

About 18 months ago I treated myself to a Tascam DP 02 Porta Studio so that I could record my guitar playing before my deafness currently at about 60% takes over. And I just cannot get it to work, i have even purchased the DVD on the machine from the States, and night after night - well not every night but most, i sit there and try to follow the instructions and still no joy - I am like a kid with a new toy and no batteries.

My question is - if anyone out there knows how to make this thing work and is willing to show me then I will be very greatful :oops:

Many thanks

Guitarpicker
guitarpicker

Re: Tascam DP-02 --- Help

Postby shadhasher » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:38 pm

hi guitarpicker
this might sound rediculas,but some machines wont work with an adaptor while they have batteries in them,is your cd in the right way round,and is it the correct cd for recording on that type of machine and not for a computor?
It my also be that there is a travel lock if its a cd recorder?is the voltage right on the adaptor?and the polarity? its iether minus to plus or plus to minus,is there a standby switch?
can you give me some more info?
shadhasher

Re: Tascam DP-02 --- Help

Postby guitarpicker » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:29 pm

shadhasher wrote:hi guitarpicker
this might sound rediculas,but some machines wont work with an adaptor while they have batteries in them,is your cd in the right way round,and is it the correct cd for recording on that type of machine and not for a computor?
It my also be that there is a travel lock if its a cd recorder?is the voltage right on the adaptor?and the polarity? its iether minus to plus or plus to minus,is there a standby switch?
can you give me some more info?

HI there

Thanks for relying, unfortunately your ideas will not work, the problem appears to be getting the backing tracks from pc on to the Tascam hard drive. I have tried everything i know and so have many others, I am sure that its easy to do but i just cannot work it out. I want to put about 100 backing tracks onto tracks 1 and 2 (left and right channel) and then use the other 8 tracks to practice and record my guitar on, I could do it very easy on my old casseste driven Tascam but not on this, even my Russian mother in law who does not speak a word of English has had a go - thats how bad it is

Once again , many thanks for your input

Regards

Guitarpicker
guitarpicker

Return to Gear