Birdseye Maple Neck

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Birdseye Maple Neck

Postby Bill Bowley » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:19 am

John Boyd wrote:Bill,
Very nice looking neck. Is it from Mighty Mite? Ive been looking at one myself on the dreaded eBay!.
Cheers,
JB

John,

Yes, it is Mighty Mite.

Have a look at this bloke's offerings, item no 280725376509 which is similar to the one I bought is at $64USD at the present time and may be what you are after. He has quite a range of Fender related stuff in his 'shop', worth a look. He goes by the EBay name of kmaguitars.

Regards
Bill Bowley

Postby RUSSET » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:21 am

Birdseye Maple neck ....... mmmmm. If it's anything like their Fish fingers, it should be really nice.

T.
RUSSET

Postby Bill Bowley » Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:14 am

Tony,

Don't tell me you fell for the old 'fish fingers' scam? My mother served them up to us as kids, it was only when my brother (who was studying biology of fish at the time) pointed out that fish don't even have hands that we woke up to it! :roll:

REgards
Bill Bowley

Postby JimN » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:18 am

Fish fingers seemed to catch on (in the UK) in the late 1950s, so were a true child of the rock'n'roll age. And we didn't even know about tartare sauce, or crinkly chips.

The funniest thing about them (and I suspect that fellow social history commentator Geoff "1711" Mason will concur) was that even though they were designed, like other frozen foods, to be stored in the home-freezer, they succeeded despite the fact that hardly anyone had one (at the time). Instead, 8-yr-old boys would be despatched to the corner grocer's shop to buy them an hour before mealtime, and they were cooked from frozen.

If my grandmother could see the inside of almost any house today (or if she could look over my shoulder as I type this), she'd think she was on a space-station.

JN

PS: The first time I ever heard of birds-eye maple (which may well have been in the mid-1970s, it not being a wood commonly doled out in woodwork at school), I immediately thought of fish-fingers.
JimN

Full Real Name: Jim Nugent

Postby roger bayliss » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:38 am

Fish Finger sandwiches with butter .....Mmmmmm :)
American Pro Series Strat 2017, G&L S500 Natural Ash
roger bayliss

Full Real Name: Roger Bayliss

Postby neil2726 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:56 am

I can remember you could buy them loose from the local grocers freezer - he had them in large "catering" packs. Fish finger butties with lots of butter and tomato sauce = mmmmmmmmmm! Plus a few chips - even better!
neil2726

Full Real Name: Neil Sutton

Postby Bill Bowley » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:14 am

Ah, what memories have we stirred up here! :)

Anyway, back to the present. The neck arrived today and I am most impressed, great profile (much the same 'C' as my '62 Strat), great abalone 'dots', well made. Looking forward to ( when I get some more leave) giving it a 'spray job' etc and fitting it to the Olympic white Mex Strat body I had set aside. I note that EBay seller I bought it from still has quite a few Mighty Mite necks on sale at good prices, by the way. ;)

Regards to all
Bill Bowley

Postby rockinscott » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:56 am

Hi Jim,

It looks fantastic, im seriously contemplating getting one myself, my have to wait till new year now what with the kids birthdays and xmas coming up lol. Love the colour.

Scott
Mighty Mighty Pleasing Papi's Corn Squeezing, Mercy... White Lightening
rockinscott

Full Real Name: Scott Stannard

Previous

Return to Gear