Ryder guitars

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Ryder guitars

Postby ecca » Thu May 05, 2011 4:17 pm

I know these guitars have been mentioned here recently but I'm buggered if I can find it.
I was looking at a couple of strats in a Sue Ryder shop and I was well impressed.
£59.99 with enclosed tuners, Maple or Rosewood necks, hefty bridge, nicely finished.
I didn't play one but they looked excellent for the money.
Anybody got one ?
ecca

Re: Ryder guitars

Postby noelford » Thu May 05, 2011 4:45 pm

Not the Strat, but I bought the Tele, same price, and it's now one of my favourite guitars! Although the PUs were pretty good, I liked the neck and playability so much that I installed Fender Custom Shop Texas Specials. The result, it's the cheapest guitar in my collection but you'd never know it from playing and hearing it. I was so pleased with it, I bought the Ryder LP, beautiful finish and solid walnut body. A bit pricier than the Tele, thirty quid more! PUs really growl.

I used to be a guitar snob and turned my nose up at 'cheap guitars'. These guitars have changed my attitude completely (though I still love my Strats and Gibsons!)
Last edited by noelford on Thu May 05, 2011 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
noelford

Postby George Geddes » Thu May 05, 2011 5:28 pm

Interesting to hear that they are still in the shops, as they have all disappeared from the SR website. The Strat is also very nice, but would be even nicer with a rosewood board (the white one is r/w but the red and blue are maple...). At £60 it's a no brainer...

George
George Geddes

Full Real Name: George Geddes

Postby Ian Miller » Thu May 05, 2011 6:47 pm

HI Ecca,

The previous thread is here:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4467&hilit=sue+ryder+guitars

Regards

Ian
Ian Miller

Full Real Name: Ian Miller