My latest project.

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: My latest project.

Postby noelford » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:45 am

That's what intrigues me. When people put fake logos on cheap copies, it's clearly because they want to pretend their cheapo is the real thing. But when someone, like yourself, produces a genuinely beautiful, top quality instrument in which hours of labour and love have been invested, I'm honestly puzzled as to why you wouldn't want to stamp it with your own imprint and say to the world, look, I made this myself!

If I saw your guitar, with your own name (or whatever you wanted) on the headstock, I would certainly want to take a closer look. As it is, unless you told me differently, I'd simply look at it and think, "Hmmm... nice Strat", and pass on without another thought.

So, please understand, I'm not saying you shouldn't do it if you want to, just asking, out of genuine interest, why you would want to.
noelford

Postby OLDEREK » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:33 am

This is a very grey area when it comes to having a Fender logo on a non Fender made Guitar..........I have to put my hand up and say I have done this on plenty of my Guitars......But I never ever try to kid people it's not the real deal.....But with this Guitar on this thread the back of the headstock is blanked out in the photo, and the only Strat I've seen with two decals on the back is the Oasis Shadows Outfit one.....
twin logo.bmp
twin logo.bmp (269.5 KiB) Viewed 5795 times

And on the Neck Plate 34346 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Who is kidding who here ....
34346.bmp
(472.44 KiB) Downloaded 4788 times

The Guitar looks great, and I would like to think if this did change hands the new owner would be made aware of what it is........I have to repeat what I said before, I do this all the time on my guitars because to me it never looks right without the Logo's..But I make sure every buyer is aware before they buy from me that it is a Partscaster !! :D
OLDEREK

Postby ecca » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:15 pm

I built my beautiful Cakeocaster from parts but the only tools required were a screwdriver and a soldering iron.
It's hardly a Gibson L5.
ecca

Postby OLDEREK » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:06 pm

ecca wrote:I built my beautiful Cakeocaster from parts but the only tools required were a screwdriver and a soldering iron.
It's hardly a Gibson L5.

What did you use to cut the strings to length!! :D :D :D
OLDEREK

Postby dave robinson » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:43 pm

OLDEREK wrote:
ecca wrote:I built my beautiful Cakeocaster from parts but the only tools required were a screwdriver and a soldering iron.
It's hardly a Gibson L5.

What did you use to cut the strings to length!! :D :D :D

The cheeks of his arse ! :lol:
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby ecca » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:54 pm

Teeth.
ecca

Postby OLDEREK » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:55 pm

L O L :lol: :D :lol:
OLDEREK

Postby chas » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:04 am

ecca wrote:It looks very nice indeed but why have you put a Fender decal on it ?
It isn't a Fender.

the power of the brand name cannot be underestimated! ;) :)

Chas.
chas

Full Real Name: Chas de Lacy

Previous

Return to Gear