Fender Guitar parts

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Fender Guitar parts

Postby Jay Bass » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:20 pm

I Imported A Top Of The Range Peavey Cirrus Bass from usa back in 2005
from a music shop in Texas .
the cost of the bass worked out about £600 inc shipping.
when the bass arrived i had to pay about £40 import duty.
But still a bargain as the list price in the uk was over £2000.
i have also bought pickups and bridges etc from the usa and even with the import duty they are still cheaper
than buying in the uk.
Regards
Jay
Jay Bass

Full Real Name: Jay Van Harte

Postby roger bayliss » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:06 pm

Might find this Import Duty Calculator useful

http://www.dutycalculator.com/

;)
American Pro Series Strat 2017, G&L S500 Natural Ash
roger bayliss

Full Real Name: Roger Bayliss

Postby ecca » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:20 pm

I bought a Gibson SG standard from City Centre Music in San Diego while I was there November 2007.
I paid $1000 and at the time the exchange rate was $2.03 to the pound.
So I got it for under £500 brand, spanking new and when I carried it through customs at Heathrow
there was no bugger there. Wey-hay !
ecca

Postby MickB » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:17 pm

Hya all
Further to my original post,the parts were delivered direct to my mates address by FEDEX and the only paperwork enclosed,were the invoice for the parts and the shipping paperwork.He always was a lucky sod.Late 1959 he ordered a Strat from Kitchens Music in Leeds,any colour.When it arrived it was Fiesta red.I was gobsmacked,me playing lead on a Hofner President at the time and a Guyatone ala Hanks early type.However being the good lad he still is,on stage with our band I used to use the Strat and he being rhythm guitarist
would use mine.This carried on untill Feb 1962 when we went over to Germany for six months and I bought a Jazzmaster,but I still prefered the Strat so I carried on using that.
The Strat cost him £173 plus a few shillings and he still has the invoice,alas the guitar went years ago.
Anyway,I fitted the gold parts for him on Friday and I must admit it does look very nice( Sienna Sunburst).Think they would look better on my Fiesta Red one though ha ha.

Regards Mike
MickB

Postby MickB » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:26 am

Hi all
Further update to quote Dave Robbo,my mate got shafted today.Yes he got a bill for £41.00 import duty and VAT.Still much cheaper than buying the bits in the UK.
The main thing is,he is more than happy with what he paid and thinks his Strat looks the biz.Me! well I dont think I will bother.

Rgards Mike
MickB

Previous

Return to Gear