FENDER HBM Signature models

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: FENDER HBM Signature models

Postby stephen » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:18 pm

Just as a footnote..............

An example of the apparently sought after, Japanese HBM Stratocasters in 'mint' condition & complete with a tweed case, only reached £310 on eBay yesterday (item no. 110671716155)!! I've seen the Squier version attain higher bids than that one........
Stephen.
stephen

Postby Amanda » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:06 am

The Japanese Fender HBM strat is based on a Premium Non export 1954 body and neck,
as evidenced by the body and neck markings on mine, mine being the '97 CIJ version as
against the '96 MIJ version.

It's definitely more pink than red depending on the light it's viewed in.

I paid £400 a couple of years back on Buy it now, the seller was fairly local to me.

I think "sought after" is a relative term, on ebay it all depends on the finish time of the article,
weekend evenings are best for having a finish time as serious buyers will sit and watch at the end
and this usually pushes the price up. I sold a vintage Leak power amp a couple of years ago, at 6pm
on the Sunday with 2 hours to go it was at £200 and hadn't reached my reserve of £500, then in the last
20 seconds it shot up finally finishing at £1200!!

I'm happy with my HBM it certainly looks and sounds "The Biz"!
[Check Out My Meazzi Site: http://www.meazzi.org.uk
And Tape Echo Forum: http://ac15.org.uk/meazzibbs/index.php

You're Never Alone With A Mitzi!
Amanda

Full Real Name: Amanda Hambidge

Postby keithmantle » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:48 am

We would all love to hear you play it at 'The Hankies' !!
keithmantle

Full Real Name: keith george mantle

Postby Amanda » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:06 pm

keithmantle wrote:We would all love to hear you play it at 'The Hankies' !!

Play it! Play It!!!! :shock:

What is this "Play" you speak of? :lol:
[Check Out My Meazzi Site: http://www.meazzi.org.uk
And Tape Echo Forum: http://ac15.org.uk/meazzibbs/index.php

You're Never Alone With A Mitzi!
Amanda

Full Real Name: Amanda Hambidge

Postby Geoff Alderton LH » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:13 pm

Hi all.
First of all, thank you Ecca for reminding me regarding the HBM thread of 2003. I still do have all three HBM sig versions, the Squire, the Jap and the Mex.
All three in mint unused condition, which is a pity as they are all very good guitars and should be played, which is after all, what they were made for.
Anyway I thought I would get them out of their gig bags and dust them off to take a couple of pictures. It's a bit overcast here in Sheffield, but not rainingat the moment. It's interesting to see the diff shades of Fiesta Red on the three guitars.
Regards Geoff. (alias LHFOTS of 2003)
Last edited by Geoff Alderton LH on Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Geoff Alderton LH

Postby Geoff Alderton LH » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:16 pm

And three more pic's
Regards GEOFF.
Geoff Alderton LH

Postby ecca » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:41 pm

keithmantle wrote:We would all love to hear you play it at 'The Hankies' !!

Wouldn't we just !
ecca

Postby peter roest » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:03 pm

I had 2 HBM signatures, a Squier (L020450) and a Japanese Fender (V026732). The first was a reasonable guitar (fiesta red) the Fender a bad one (more flamingo rose). The Squier was a reasonable guitar, the Fender was insufficient (hardly tuning and rusting saddles on the bridge). Someone in the place where a lived had the same Fender HBM hanging on the wall in the livingroom with rusting screws of the pick guard. Both guitars couldn't standing in the shadow of my Tokai springy sound strat. The two guitars are sold. Now my Tokai has worn out frets, so I bought a couple of months ago a fiesta red classic 50's strat (MX10070214). This strat is a very good playable guitar with low action between te strings and fretboard and a good sound of the standard pups.

Peter

if you are interested in the music I'm involved (we are playing in the Hague next saturday) go to http://www.just4fun-60band.nl/ password "bezoeker" .
Special attention for Forty days and Our Albert (we play it also live)
peter roest

Postby Pol » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:53 pm

Geoff Alderton LH wrote:Hi all.

It's a bit overcast here in Sheffield, but not rainingat the moment.
Regards Geoff. (alias LHFOTS of 2003)

Thanks for the great pictures Geoff. A very nice background setting, a reminder that "Spring is nearly here". ;) Although, there`s still a lot of snow on the ground here way up north.
Cheers Pol.
Pol

Previous

Return to Gear