Correct Pedal line-up

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Correct Pedal line-up

Postby keithmantle » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:24 am

Hi All, what would be the correct way using amp/Magic stomp/tonelab/EQ/Tuner, thanks keith
keithmantle

Full Real Name: keith george mantle

Re: Correct Pedal line-up

Postby geoff1711 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:57 pm

Hi

if you're using the Magicstomp with Shadows patches, then you probably will only be using the Tonelab as a volume / wah pedal.

The patches in my Magic stomp aren't just echo they are Delay, EQ, modulation, overdrive etc all stored on the one patch in other words even if you plug it into a PA it sounds pretty much like a recording of the real thing.

You've certainly got a tuner in the Tonelab and I think in the Magic stomp as well so you won't need the seperate EQ and tuner.

As to which way round you're going to need to connect probably the Magic stomp first then into the Tonelab, or even better if your Tonelab has a send and return loop, mine did, put it in there but be careful not to have any overdrive / distortion before the Magaic Stomp.

But the seperate EQ and tuner is probably a step too far, if you insist though after the Tonelab.

Geoff
geoff1711

Return to Gear