Bargain, or not?

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Bargain, or not?

Postby Strummer » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:37 am

I bought myself a Xmas present. It was a MIM Fender Stratocaster in Fiesta Red (supposedly??)

The colour was darker than i had anticipated and thought was correct, not a bad guitar IMO. It was the same colour as one of my Burns guitars, which is a Cobra model. However, I digress a little.

I got a telephone call from my local music shop (where I had purchased all three of my Burns guitars and they know I love HBM)..The owner said, "I have in the shop a Fender Stratocaster, in Fiesta Red, it is signed by HBM and it comes with a tweed case, and, an HBM mute tremolo arm (it already has the 'normal' Tremolo arm.) plus a spare lead. I know you are a Shads fan, so i thought I would give you first choice!"

I said, "How much, we agreed on a straight swop.

Went in, played it for some 20-30 mins, loved it and I now own it. The MIM Fender cost me £430. I have seen the Japanese ones on the net for btween £650 and £750 (average) but without the case and the extra mute arm (£50).

I reckon i have a good deal, any comments guys? All are welcome.

Lastly, I have played it solidly for the past week and its a cracker, better than the yank ones I have played.
The finish is fantastic for a 1996/97 guitar and it has a Maple neck.
Strummer

Re: Bargain, or not?

Postby dave robinson » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:59 pm

Sound like a good deal to me as it's what you really wanted colour wise. :thumbup:
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby alanbakewell » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:21 pm

"Went in, played it for some 20-30 mins, loved it and I now own it."

That says it all Arthur.I wish you many happy hours with it.

Cheers, Alan.
To know and have known the love of a little dog is a truly wonderful thing.
alanbakewell

Full Real Name: Alan Bakewell

Postby Strummer » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:24 pm

Sorry, haven't been on in a while, pressure of work and all that...that'll teach me to be an accountant in practice, won't it? :lol:

Just to say, "Thanks guy's, the guitar is great, however, for sheer comfort and playability I have to say Fender do not beat the Burns marvin and Burns Apache. Fantastic guitars they are. I had the Marvin set up by non other than Barry Gibson himself, and, what a set up, Whooo! Hoooo! :D
Strummer

Return to Gear