EARLY SHADS AMPS IN DISCOGRAPHY ORDER??

For anything to do with guitars, amps, effects units and any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: EARLY SHADS AMPS IN DISCOGRAPHY ORDER??

Postby MeBHank » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:13 pm

Paul, unfortunately there can be no proof provided, as we have absolutely no documentation of what was being used in the studio during this time. We only have our ears to tell us, and dates with which we can make educated guesses. I think it likely that your timeline is pretty accurate regarding what was used for live performances (the studio is a different matter). Sleepwalk, Wonderful Land, The Savage, Peace Pipe & The Young Ones (all of which I am certain feature the AC30/4) were released before "Live at the ABC Kingston". That performance does not sound like a Top-Boost amp, nor an AC30/4. Maybe the first AC30/6 or the AC30/6 Treble? In the end, our most reliable source for telling us what was used on what recording - dependant on our hearing - is our ears. And I enjoy the speculating and discussion. It's another thing that keeps it alive and interesting for some of us.

J
Justin Daish
MeBHank

Full Real Name: Justin Daish

Postby Amanda » Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:41 pm

Hi,

Thinking about my modified AC30CC1 with the added EF86 stage, the way I have wired it
allows me to have 3 AC30's in one box i.e.

With the EF86 in the normal channel an AC30/4.
With the ECC83 in the normal channel an AC30/6.
Using the top boost channel an AC30 Top Boost.

To clarify the above I've used the Channel Link switch to switch
between the outputs of the original ECC83 Normal channel and the
1960 EF86 channel.

Amanda
[Check Out My Meazzi Site: http://www.meazzi.org.uk
And Tape Echo Forum: http://ac15.org.uk/meazzibbs/index.php

You're Never Alone With A Mitzi!
Amanda

Full Real Name: Amanda Hambidge

Postby fenderplucker » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:44 am

Hi Alan,
yes, it certainly supports the timeline you suggested a while ago. If there is no other input I'll put it on Charlie's site as an update.

Hi Amanda,
I have a similar arrangement with my AC15 clone and love the ability to switch between the different preamp configurations.

Regards,
Paul.
fenderplucker

Full Real Name: Paul Rossiter

Previous

Return to Gear