Vox Ac15HTV... Bargain!!

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Vox Ac15HTV... Bargain!!

Postby petercreasey » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:47 am

Didier wrote:
petercreasey wrote:Hiya folks
I have been fortunate enough to find an AC15HTV at Dawson's music Manchester which I bought today for £729.99

The AC15H1TV is not listed anymore on the Vox site, which means it's discontinued. That's the time to ask for a rebate when buying those left in the stores...

Didier

Thanks for your advice Didier, you do seem to be a very knowledgeable person, but when it comes to marketing, discounting and retailing in general PLEASE DON'T TRY TO TEACH YOUR GRANNY TO SUCK EGGS ( we English people have sayings too)!!
I was pointing out to anyone interested that a good discount was available as the usual price s £925 ..... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VOX-AC15H1TV-HERI ... 1008wt_905
AND the fact that is is discontinued may also mean that it might just be rare and therefore worth more!!

Oh and I do know that writing in capitals is the inequivalent shouting ...... I meant to shout!

Paul,
No you wont be seeing the AC13H1TV at our next bash it remained in Manchester!! Even at discounted prices I don't want faulty goods!

Take care
Last edited by petercreasey on Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter

You don't stop playing when you grow old
You grow old when you stop playing
petercreasey

Full Real Name: Peter Creasey

Postby dave robinson » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:50 am

Didier wrote

'I have put Gégé's latest demo on three different sites, all comments are highly positive, all but one'...

. . . . and when I hear that the sound is identical and not only 80% there, I will be delighted to congratulate him.

What you say about Patrice's Binson with the Meazzi mod does make sense.

As for you and your friends not being able to hear the difference between the EF86 and ECC83 sounds, I can only say that something is drastically wrong there.
Best if we just agree to disagree on that one Didier, I'm not prepared to fall out with you over it, life's too short.

There is a problem though because although we hear the sound from the EF86, it is proving difficult to actually record and the reproduce as we hear it. I was impressed with Mark Burton's efforts with his Vox AC4 with the EF86 mod yesterday on another thread. It's definitely there but the recording is very likely the key here. We keep on experimenting with it. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby petercreasey » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:58 am

Post script to my previous message

I don't want my thread back.... you can keep it :!:
Peter

petercreasey

Postby Didier » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:58 am

dave robinson wrote:Didier wrote
'I have put Gégé's latest demo on three different sites, all comments are highly positive, all but one'...
. . . . and when I hear that the sound is identical and not only 80% there, I will be delighted to congratulate him.

It will never be identical, but all others commentators think it's the closest they have heard...

As for you and your friends not being able to hear the difference between the EF86 and ECC83 sounds, I can only say that something is drastically wrong there.

Remember that the test was made with immediate comparison, switching from the EF86 to the ECC83 and back several times.
Doing so, any difference could have been easily heard, and it's the only way to avoid autosuggestion...

There is a problem though because although we hear the sound from the EF86, it is proving difficult to actually record and the reproduce as we hear it.

If it can't be recorded and reproduced, it means that autosuggestion is likely there...

Didier
Didier

Full Real Name: Didier Parot

Postby ecca » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:02 am

Oh Gawd !
Will it never end ?
ecca

Postby Twang46 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:16 am

Don't you just love Didier's black & white world ?

Dick
Twang46

Full Real Name: Dick Cruddas

Postby petercreasey » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:19 am

NO
Peter

petercreasey

Postby ecca » Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:48 pm

So, we have to get the ferry for some masterclass lessons to learn how to sound like Hank
and the fact that some of us prefer the sound of the AC15 over the AC30 is all due to autosuggestion ?
Gosh !
ecca

Postby Bojan » Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:58 pm

I love my AC15 setting on my Ampworks !!! Real EF86 sound! :mrgreen: No, really ! :)
Bojan

Full Real Name: Bojan Drndic

Postby ecca » Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:11 pm

Bang on Boingy.
I love my little Ampworks to bits, it's there every Tuesday.
I even got a back-up for it.
You got the hand crafted box as well !
ecca

PreviousNext

Return to Gear