Roland Microcube

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Roland Microcube

Postby Rosemary » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:58 am

This is my amp and it's perfect for what I need at the moment with amazing battery life too!

There's a little Flash demo on this site below (but it's pretty loud and starts automatically when the page loads so the computer sound volume might need to be turned down first)
http://www.rolandus.com/products/produc ... ductId=594

I've been taking note of the settings they use for Black Panel and JC Clean but can't replicate those sounds (played with either of my 2 Strats). Would anyone with a Microcube perhaps know what I might be doing wrong or have any favourite settings for Shadows tunes with a Microcube (even though it's only a practice amp?).
Maybe it's one of the tone settings on the guitar that I've not set properly.

Thanks in advance
Rosemary
Rosemary

Full Real Name: Rosemary Beattie

Re: Roland Microcube

Postby Axewoman » Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:48 am

Hi rosemary
I have had a microcube for about a year , I got it for practice and portability. I mostly use the Brit combo, (mimics A/C 30) with gain at 0900-1200 o clock (to high and you get distortion) tone about 4.00 o clock volume is at 10.00-12.00. I Also use the Magi stomp with the Shadows patches. The Delay on the microcube doesnt quite nail it for the shads sound. I also like the surf guitar sound so switch to the tweed tone, gain off a bit , and tons of reverb.
Axewoman

Re: Roland Microcube

Postby Rosemary » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:43 am

Hi Gillian
Thanks very much for that tip. I haven't really tried Brit Combo properly yet and I have a Boss Digital Delay so maybe they'll go well together. I'll try them out tomorrow.
Best wishes
Rosemary
Rosemary

Full Real Name: Rosemary Beattie

Return to Gear