Help, advice needed on choosing a guitar

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Help, advice needed on choosing a guitar

Postby tonyRyman » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:57 pm

Hi to all
Thank you for the information. I will probably keep the Squire Marvin and get another guitar.
I would still like to know if the MIM Hank Marvin Signature is a better guitar and what would be a fair price for one in good condition, or should i opt for Classic Player series guitar.
Many thank for the help

Tony.
tonyRyman

Full Real Name: Anthony Ryman

Re: Help, advice needed on choosing a guitar

Postby Mikey » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:21 pm

Tony.

Yes, sorry for not fully anwering your question. I paid £525 (a winning bid) for my MIM HM Signature and it was unplayed, complete with all padded gig bag, tags and plastic seal on pickguard, even the Easy-Mute trem was still in its sealed pack. I reckon that was a pretty good price. The only Strat I had before that was a Korean Squire Standard Stratocaster so its difficult for me to rate the MIM except to say that it was a whole lot better! From what I have seen and read, the MIM HM signature is probably no better and instrument than any of the Classic Series and they do seem to get very good reviews.
As always, best to try before you buy if at all possible.
Let us know what you decide!
Mikey

Previous

Return to Gear