Guitar show in London - 'Performance Charge'?

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Guitar show in London - 'Performance Charge'?

Postby RayL » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:01 am

With the London Music Show cancelled for this year "due to exceptionally tough market conditions", only Guitar Nation at Olympia on 13/14 November is left. To book a ticket, you are switched to the website for 'The Ticket Factory'. There is a 'booking fee' of £2 added to the basic £10, but there is also a £1 'Performance Charge', which is not explained at all. Does anyone have an idea what this other nasty little charge represents (apart from another chance to screw the punter)?

Ray L
RayL

Full Real Name: Ray Liffen

Re: Guitar show in London - 'Performance Charge'?

Postby Didier » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:52 am

RayL wrote:there is also a £1 'Performance Charge', which is not explained at all.

Ray L

Isn't that to pay for the copyright fee of the music played in a public place ?

Didier
Didier

Full Real Name: Didier Parot

Re: Guitar show in London - 'Performance Charge'?

Postby RayL » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:32 pm

Didier wrote:Isn't that to pay for the copyright fee of the music played in a public place ?
Didier

I would hope not! It is an exhibition rather than a performance so £1 per head for the off-chance that someone might play Sunshine Of Your Love or Smoke On The Water when testing a guitar is excessive. There is a separate masterclass by Steve Vai where there will be music played, but that has a separate entrance fee.

As I've decided to go, I shall make a nuisance of myself at the Organiser's office and, unless they can provide a good explanation, I shall ask for £1 to be returned (that will buy just less than half a cup of coffee)

Ray
RayL

Full Real Name: Ray Liffen

Return to Gear