The other 70s Strat

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: The other 70s Strat

Postby George Geddes » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:53 am

I'm guessing then that the sunburst 70s Strat was used on the Lulu Show while Sam Li was working on the white one which was certainly resprayed by the time of Eurovision.

Stuart: yes, the use of the ex-Tony Hicks Strat on Memory does ring a bell. I remember an interview in Guitarist where Tony expressed his amusement at selling a Strat to Hank.

If my memory serves me right, the all-red Fender lineup was in place by the time of the XXV tour, with what appeared to be a set of sunburst models on stage as backup, though I'm guessing that Hank's was the ex-Hicks one.

George
George Geddes

Full Real Name: George Geddes

Re: The other 70s Strat

Postby aardvarkd » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:46 am

To add to the confusion, the Tellydisc commercial for the Silver Album (with 'Memory' on it) also showed Hank recording (or possibly miming a recording of)' Up Where We Belong' and 'The Deer Hunter' on a sunburst '50s model, but it looks newer than the Hicks item and could be Bruce's reissue '57. Bruce has 34346 (white) on that promo vid.
aardvarkd

Previous

Return to Gear