AC30CC2X FAULT

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

AC30CC2X FAULT

Postby steve.t » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:16 pm

hi, can anyone help? Tried to have a little practice today & my amp appears to be on the blink. I know there are a number of well informed members here that may be able to point me in the right direction? When i turn on"power"then "stanby" all seems ok for a min or two,then starts the humming/crackling/popping/buzzing etc mainly while its warming up.Then it sometimes clears but not always.The power & standby lights remain lit & constant during all the disruption. Ive tried a few power cables & ruled that out & its not the guitar/pedal cables as i get the fault with no cables connected. I hope someone can give me some kind of "idiot check list" as to what i could check as i`m not very technical minded especially when it comes to electrics :? Thanks in anticipation. steve.
steve.t

Full Real Name: stephen taylor

Re: AC30CC2X FAULT

Postby David Martin » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:02 am

I'm certainly not an expert - Amanda is - but this sounds like a dicky valve to me...
David M
David Martin
Site Admin

Full Real Name: David Martin

Postby dave robinson » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:55 am

I have had similar experiences and it is usually a failing valve. :idea:
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby roger bayliss » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:21 am

One thing I do recall Amanda saying about these amps is NOT to use the Standby switch.. I think it can bring on problems with valves and shorten their life (similar problem on Heritage range when switching to Triode/Pentode mode) Just turn it off and on and leave it on and turn volume down between playing. Could well be one of the Valves or maybe a poor joint on the circuit boards .. but we will leave that to the electronic experts
American Pro Series Strat 2017, G&L S500 Natural Ash
roger bayliss

Full Real Name: Roger Bayliss

Postby Nick Allan » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:07 pm

Roger is right about the standby switch, Amanda and others did recommend it should be left permanently on for these models. It was also recommended on the vintage amp site.

For the moment I cannot locate the thread.

All the best,

Nick
Nick Allan

Postby steve.t » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:37 pm

Hi guys,thanks for the tips. I think the standby thing has been mentioned on here before & i think once i get the amp sorted i may take the route of just leaving the standby on. DAVE, i`ve found a local guy at `full volume`attercliffe,sheffield who`s gunna have a look at the amp when i can get down there, do you know of them or had any dealings with em or sugest any others locally? Cheers, steve.
steve.t

Postby dave robinson » Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:22 pm

For those close to Sheffield this guy is good with valve amps and worth checking out. http://www.blueberrypieamps.co.uk/ :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby neil2726 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:55 pm

My AC30CC1 failed and Amanda bypassed the standby switch- been ok since! :D
neil2726

Full Real Name: Neil Sutton

Postby steve.t » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:29 pm

hi, cheers DAVE, the amp guy at full volume is on holiday & so i`ve had a look at the link you placed,looks good on the website so i`ve popped them an e-mail. thanks,steve.
steve.t

Postby steve.t » Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:17 pm

hi dave, been up to see john at blueberry pie electrics this morning, very nice chap,into shads too! Had a good chat & hopefully my amp will be sorted early next week. thanks again. steve
steve.t

Return to Gear