Hank Marvin Signature MIM

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Hank Marvin Signature MIM

Postby TributeShadow » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:10 pm

Hi!
I wonder if someone know´s anything about the Hank Marvin signature MIM modells? Is it a good instrument? Good pickups? All information are welcome!

Regards,
Patrik
TributeShadow

Re: Hank Marvin Signature MIM

Postby ecca » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:16 pm

I had one and it was fine, I swapped the pickups for Kinmans.
This was something that someone once sent me.....
mexstrat.jpg
(745.15 KiB) Downloaded 4156 times
ecca

Postby Mikey » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:50 pm

I currently own a MIM Hank Marvin Signature Strat and I'm very pleased with it. It was an Ebay purchase but was as new, unplayed and complete with all tags, etc...even the Easymute trem was still in its sealed pack. I think the guy bought it as an investment. Around that time Music Ground had one for the "bargain price" of £799! Methinks they were 'avin a larf. I paid a lot less than that for mine.
I love the colour and has been said here before - by Ecca, I think - it's probably the most accurate colour. Flamingo Pink? I don't know much about the specification and there is little info on the net so I'm grateful to Ecca for information he's posted. By the way Ecca, I love the new "Seth Armstrong" avatar! The only other strat I've ever owned was a Korean Squire which was ok but this one is better although I can't really say how the MIM compares with the higher end models but I like it and will probably keep it...well for now anyway! It's not been modified in any way but sounds good and with a very nice action.
I'd go for it!
Mikey

Postby RUSSET » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:02 am

I agree will all that has been said about the MIM Hank Marvin Signature Strat. The current MIM 'Classic' series does include a Fiesta Red '50s Strat, which is indistinguishable from the 'HBM' model, apart from not having the Easeymute Trem arm. My mate has one of these & is very happy with it, except for one point. He says that the Mex guitars seem to have rather cheap quality fret wire & says his is showing definite wearing down after only two years from new. I don't know much about the technical side of guitar manufacturing, but this does seem to be the one bad mark they get.

Tony.
RUSSET

Return to Gear