Roadworn...........??

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Roadworn...........??

Postby almano » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:42 pm

And I thought I was going to be able to patent the idea of road worn amps.............blast!!!!

Cheers,

Alan.
almano

Postby RUSSET » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:17 pm

Can't be sure, but I have a feeling that I have seen some photos somewhere of Reliced Fender Tweed amps, but they may have been very Ltd. editions for USA guitar shows.

Tony.
RUSSET

Postby dusty fretz » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:51 pm

Rather than a relic guitar, why not simply lug around a similarly distressed case, complete with torn vinyl, missing catches, broken hinges, string handle etc., all apparently held together by an over-abundant selection of stickers. This way you can look super cool and a real 'man of the road', while your pristine six-string lurks safely within. Better still, don't even bother with the contents at all, just pose with the empty packaging - it's a lot lighter, cheaper and no ability is required!
dusty fretz

Postby shadowhunters » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:05 pm

I see there is no-one who wants a roadworn guitar!!! :D ( cause it's just stupid )
shadowhunters

Postby JimN » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:09 pm

noelford wrote:I don't have a problem with guitars which show genuine wear and tear from years of use, but I can't get my head around why anyone would want (and pay a lot of money for) a new guitar to look like that!

It's so that punters (mainly other guitarists) will think that they have a genuine fifties or sixties instrument, and so that the 'charisma' of the guitar will appear to rub off on them.

JN
JimN

Full Real Name: Jim Nugent

Postby kipper » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:45 pm

JimN wrote:
noelford wrote:I don't have a problem with guitars which show genuine wear and tear from years of use, but I can't get my head around why anyone would want (and pay a lot of money for) a new guitar to look like that!

It's so that punters (mainly other guitarists) will think that they have a genuine fifties or sixties instrument, and so that the 'charisma' of the guitar will appear to rub off on them.

JN

so thats the reason for fiesta red guitars :mrgreen: peter
kipper

Full Real Name: peter harrison

Postby Mr Bison » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:05 pm

I could not agree more with you Sam! Can't understand youngsters eather - buying already ripped and torn jeans and what not - and to a higher prize? Beats me. :shock:

Markku
Mr Bison

Postby kipper » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:10 pm

Mr Bison wrote:I could not agree more with you Sam! Can't understand youngsters eather - buying already ripped and torn jeans and what not - and to a higher prize? Beats me. :shock:

Markku

hi mr bison if you dont understand it dont knock it or put it down :? . i remember in the 60`s all those old farts ;) who did not understand the youth of the day with long hair making hero`s out of people playing guitars and saying where will it all end :o we cant trust the youth of today. perhaps you can remember back to those days because you are now saying the same things :shock: :D :D peter
kipper

Postby shadowhunters » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:05 am

Yes, My sister has a pair of jeans with massive holes in them and my friend has a t-shirt with holes in it aswell, I can't seem to find the meaning of it ????

Regards Sam.
shadowhunters

Postby kipper » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:36 pm

shadowhunters wrote:Yes, My sister has a pair of jeans with massive holes in them and my friend has a t-shirt with holes in it aswell, I can't seem to find the meaning of it ????

Regards Sam.

why should there be a meaning in it. remember the old farts in the 60`s :roll: peter
kipper

PreviousNext

Return to Gear