One of the ones that got away!

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: One of the ones that got away!

Postby George Geddes » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:58 pm

Howard is a Shadows fan himself, and on good terms with the band. Always a pleasure to talk to.

George
George Geddes

Full Real Name: George Geddes

Postby shadowfan » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:05 pm

Great! I am happy to read that! Thank you guys.
Patrick
shadowfan

Postby dave robinson » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:18 pm

I can tell you that this guitar is genuine - I know Ian and have played this guitar, it is indeed one of the ones that were recalled, but weren't.
Ian recently built his own black 70's Hank type Strat, which explains all those parts. Enjoy the humble pie folks. . . . . :lol:
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby Geoff Alderton LH » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:01 pm

Hi all.
Electro Music, Doncaster, had one of these Arbiter recalled HBM sig Sratocasters. It spent many, many months locked in their glass display case. This was mounted on the wall straight in front of you as you entered the shop. I never did see a price tag on it or any indication if it was for sale. Every time I went into the shop I always spent the first ten min looking at it, Then one of my sons would drag me away upstairs to the bass guitar section saying its not for sale so stop looking at it.
Regards Geoff.
Geoff Alderton LH

Postby dave robinson » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:07 pm

Geoff Alderton LH wrote:Hi all.
Electro Music, Doncaster, had one of these Arbiter recalled HBM sig Sratocasters. It spent many, many months locked in their glass display case. This was mounted on the wall straight in front of you as you entered the shop. I never did see a price tag on it or any indication if it was for sale. Every time I went into the shop I always spent the first ten min looking at it, Then one of my sons would drag me away upstairs to the bass guitar section saying its not for sale so stop looking at it.
Regards Geoff.

I remember it well ! :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Previous

Return to Gear