pickups

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

pickups

Postby John Haldane » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:50 pm

Are these Pick ups good for Shads tone
Bareknuckle Apache Single coil Neck pickup.
Regards
John H
John Haldane

Re: pickups

Postby rapidsguitars » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:11 pm

hi john , bare knuckle make some great vintage handwound pick up,s .the apache pick up,s are great , i have a apache in my custom marvin strat, sounds perfect. check out you tube hank and marty wild ,hank using strat with bare knuckle apache pick up,s. IAN
rapidsguitars

Postby JimN » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:12 pm

Bareknuckle probably have the best reputation of all British-made pickups (even though Jim Cairns's pickups are the best). The "Apache" set is reckoned to be their version of the 1959 Strat sound.

So, yes... probably... ;)

JN
JimN

Full Real Name: Jim Nugent

Postby Sleepwalker63 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:05 pm

rapidsguitars wrote:hi john , bare knuckle make some great vintage handwound pick up,s .the apache pick up,s are great , i have a apache in my custom marvin strat, sounds perfect. check out you tube hank and marty wild ,hank using strat with bare knuckle apache pick up,s. IAN

I hope you're not referring to the version of Move It where Hank guest appeared on Marty's 50th Anniversay tour. To my ears, that strat sounded awful and, judging from the expressions on Hank's face at one point, he thought so too.
Sleepwalker63

Return to Gear