Fender Lace Sensor Views Please

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Fender Lace Sensor Views Please

Postby OLDEREK » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:01 pm

Has anyone tried the Fender Lace Pick Ups ?.....Can you get a good Shads tone with them.....?

There are four types Gold, Silver, Red and Blue.........Which or what have you used........Any help would be good..........Cheers :D
OLDEREK

Re: Fender Lace Sensor Views Please

Postby petercreasey » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:08 pm

OLDEREK wrote:Has anyone tried the Fender Lace Pick Ups ?.....Can you get a good Shads tone with them.....?

There are four types Gold, Silver, Red and Blue.........Which or what have you used........Any help would be good..........Cheers :D

My opinion ( for what it's worth) is that Lace Sensor Gold pickups give a fabulous vintage stratocaster tone second to none and use nothing else. :thumbup:
Peter

You don't stop playing when you grow old
You grow old when you stop playing
petercreasey

Full Real Name: Peter Creasey

Postby OLDEREK » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:50 pm

petercreasey wrote:
My opinion ( for what it's worth) is that Lace Sensor Gold pickups give a fabulous vintage stratocaster tone second to none and use nothing else. :thumbup:

Peter your opinion is worth a lot, it's just what I wanted to hear :D ....Cheers
OLDEREK

Postby dave robinson » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:39 pm

I agree with Pete, I had a Strat with Gold Lace Sensors on and it sounded spot on , I just couldn't get on with the look of them which is why I sold it - great sounding pickups though. :thumbup:
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby Martin Payne » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:55 pm

Yep...fitted Lace Sensors to my Squire Strat 20 years ago - not especially looking for Shadows sounds, it just kinda turned out that way. I love 'em!

Martin
Martin Payne

Full Real Name: Martin Payne

Postby OLDEREK » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:56 pm

As a matter of interest about the looks of these pick ups, I have seen a guitar with the covers taken off and they look brill.......The covers are glued on so it seems..... :D
OLDEREK

Postby petercreasey » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:42 am

dave robinson wrote:I agree with Pete, I had a Strat with Gold Lace Sensors on and it sounded spot on , I just couldn't get on with the look of them which is why I sold it - great sounding pickups though. :thumbup:

The Look doesn't bother me Dave....... Let's be honest when I play no one looks at the guitar.......... They are usually ogling the keyboard player!!!! ;) ;) ;)
Peter

You don't stop playing when you grow old
You grow old when you stop playing
petercreasey

Full Real Name: Peter Creasey

Postby ecca » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:00 am

Do they do them in pink ?
ecca

Postby OLDEREK » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:48 am

Silver is like an over wound Strat pickup with added midrange harmonics and bass.

Blue is warm and loud like an old 50's humbucking pickup

Gold is the classic Vintage Strat sound with glassy bell like tones (used on the Clapton and Buddy Guy

Red is the scorcher with high output, lots of midrange harmonics and crunch like a hot humbucking pickupStratocasters).

Pink gives a cobby sound much sault after by over the limit drinkers ( in shorts) wih too much time on thier hands :D :D :D
OLDEREK

Postby ecca » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:30 pm

Pink gives a cobby sound much sault after by over the limit drinkers ( in shorts) wih too much time on thier hands.

By the spelling I think you were boozed Spuddy !

tee hee
ecca

Next

Return to Gear