Watkins Gold Copicat?

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Watkins Gold Copicat?

Postby scotocaster » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:39 pm

Is there anymore news on the release date of the Gold Copicat?. Scott
scotocaster

Re: Watkins Gold Copicat?

Postby dave robinson » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:01 pm

Hi Scott, the latest on this was that we sent the unit back because of malfunction in the stored memory banks and these were being revamped as they were unreliable.
The echo itself is superb and I'm expecting a 'finished' jobbie to do the demos very soon.
:)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby scotocaster » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:27 am

Tnx Dave, will be looking forward to your demos and assesment of the redone unit. Will it be have a 110/220v setup?, so i can use it in Canada. to Have a great day. Scott.
scotocaster

Postby Amanda » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:50 am

Hi,

I was in e-mail contact just over a week ago with Charlie, and he said then that they be would out soon, early October I think!

Amanda
[Check Out My Meazzi Site: http://www.meazzi.org.uk
And Tape Echo Forum: http://ac15.org.uk/meazzibbs/index.php

You're Never Alone With A Mitzi!
Amanda

Full Real Name: Amanda Hambidge

Postby scotocaster » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:29 pm

Hi Amanda, next time you in touch with Charlie.... could you check if his unit will be all region power. 73 de VE6ITV Scott
scotocaster

Postby alandjackson » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:10 pm

I write to add a little more information on the progress of the 'Gold'. David is quite correct about the way this machine sounds: I had the prototype for a few weeks and programmed some fantastic echoes into it. Problem was that the memories would not store the work. Originally, Charlie Watkins only intended to have 12 user settings which was not a viable proposition for the vast choice a guitarist would want. I explained to Charlie's engineer that, when the memories are sorted out and some 60 patches are then available, then he should fit a display so that users can easily tell what setting they are on. I have not heard anything back yet but when this has been done I shall do the programming again, pass it on to Dave Robinson to do his demos on c.d. and have a cracking night out with 'Past Masters'

Alan D. Jackson
alandjackson

Full Real Name: Alan David Jackson

Postby ernie1958 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:29 pm

8-) Hi Amanda..I got a question for you.I own a couple of original vintage copicats and I was wondering...
Would it be possible to modify these units to have 6 playback heads instead of the stock 3 and if so....how?
Maybe a good chance,if it can be done at all,to create the same type of echo as let's say a Meazzi...echo-playback wise I mean.. :roll:

Love to hear your opinion on this,
Cheers,
Ernie
ernie1958

Postby ernie1958 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:13 am

Bump.. :eh:
ernie1958

Return to Gear