Q-Mic Guitar Amp Clamp Cab Amp Grabber w/gooseneck arm

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Q-Mic Guitar Amp Clamp Cab Amp Grabber w/gooseneck arm

Postby Bill Bowley » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:53 am

Anyone used or seen one of these? Opinions please? :)
Bill Bowley

Re: Q-Mic Guitar Amp Clamp Cab Amp Grabber w/gooseneck arm

Postby John Boyd » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:48 am

Bill,
Looks to be an interesting concept. Are they available out our way and any idea of a price?
Cheers,
JB
John Boyd

Full Real Name: John Boyd

Postby Bill Bowley » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:01 pm

John,

There are 4 available on Oz EBay from the USA at the moment, item number is 300390726470. The 'buy it now' price is $37.88AUD with shipping to Sydney at $43.74 - which seems reasonable if it is a quality product IMHO. I'm interested, but haven't had any feedback about them as yet. The idea looks better to me than a mike stand in front of the amp when 'miking' to PA - I was surprised that The Shads didn't have something like this on Sunday night, they had stands. By the way, they say the regular price for these is $79 USD! ;)

Regards
Bill Bowley

Postby Bill Bowley » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:15 pm

John,

I just took the plunge and bought one, total including USPS Priority shipping was $84.33AUD, I'm happy with that. Still 3 left at that price. ;)

Regards
Bill Bowley

Postby Bill Bowley » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:33 pm

Here's another version of it with a fixed arm instead of the gooseneck that just appeared on EBay Oz - but for $95AUD plus $17AUD shipping from Queensland. Rec retail is $169!
Bill Bowley

Postby Bill Bowley » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:11 pm

'Q- Mic' arrived from USA today, most impressive, excellent quality. Like most things these days (even Burns Guitars!) it is made in China, but that in itself is not a minus IMHO. I look forward to giving it an 'on stage' workout, should solve the 'clutter' problem when miking from amp. :roll:
Bill Bowley

Return to Gear