NGD and a few questions...

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: NGD and a few questions...

Postby Stuart » Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:24 pm

dave robinson wrote:Regarding ghe length of the trem arm, in 1964 I bought a Stratocaster and the arm was on the short side compared with what Fender put out today with most of their Strats.
I noticed the difference on the later ones, but my 1954 Anniversary Custom Shop model had the shorter arm too. I have several Strats and the older ones have shorter arms, as do the re-issues, though they have a more severe angle of 'bend'.
As for the colour of the pick guard, the plain white ones were always white, it was the laminate ones from 1960 with the black in the middle that tended to fade to a pale green and there seems to be several different shades of cream and 'off white' on various models on offer, but that said I can remember my pick guard being more white at the time and I saw the guitar recently, fifty years after I sold it and can confirm it's now a pale shade of dirty green. :)

Re trem arm length. My 64 strat has a trem arm length of5 and a half inches
Stuart

Full Real Name: Stuart Watson

Re: NGD and a few questions...

Postby Phrygian » Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:15 pm

Stuart wrote:Re trem arm length. My 64 strat has a trem arm length of5 and a half inches

That is the size of the arm that came with my 1960 Journeyman Strat. My 1987 Am Std arm is about an inch longer. I never realized that Fender changed the length over the years.
Phrygian

Full Real Name: Bob Lalich

Previous

Return to Gear