Options to lighten our gear

For anything to do with guitars, amps, effects units and any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Options to lighten our gear

Postby petercreasey » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:10 am

dave robinson wrote:Hi Pete, YesI have done that and it works very well, but you have to watch the gain into the desk, as it is controlled by the level pf the Headrush.

True Dave ,using the headrush as a monitor the volume of it doesn’t need to be very high, get the levels right and you get a great even sound around a room and you can hear what you are doing
It’s great to get rid of heavy amps without compromising sound, in fact improving it :thumbup:
Peter

You don't stop playing when you grow old
You grow old when you stop playing
petercreasey

Full Real Name: Peter Creasey

Re: Options to lighten our gear

Postby dave robinson » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:28 pm

I've decided use my Fender Princeton Chorus as my main amp as I love 2 x 10 combos and they are light. It also allows us a quiet stage sound and is more comfortable to work, allowing he PA to spread the volume of the guitars if required. I'll use my 8" Headrush as a monitor directly facing up at me and choose between the Fender Princeton or the 12" Headrush behind me. I love the sound of my TVS3, Atlantis and Meazzi Echomatic through the Fender Amp, they all produce the classic 'Move It' tone which I consider the definitive 'That Sound', as it works perfectly for those early Shadows instrumental numbers which I love so much.
I'll alternate between my three main echo boxes and the amp on major gigs, whilst at the pub I'll opt for the Zoom G5n or Vox Tonelab LE with the Headrush. At last I have rid myself of heavy gear and all things from the past, that were a waste of money.
Basically , sound-wise, I've gone back to where I was before I became involved here, but a lot more managable. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Previous

Return to Gear