katana amp/marshall origin 5

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: katana amp/marshall origin 5

Postby dave robinson » Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:00 am

petercreasey wrote:Thanks Dave, It arrived today and I am getting my head round it, so far it is looking good, as you say the echoes are there and do a good job. Looking forward to finding it’s full potential but I am pretty sure that it will do the job I’m looking for
Take care

It looks like you've spotted how to do it Peter, so crack on and give me a tug if you're stuck. I've got mine sounding as good as the Zoom G3Xn. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby chris mcbain » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:50 am

Getting to know my new Katana amp better now and getting some really nice tones form it ,I have tried the way Len uses his amp which is through the power amp in
connection on the rear the amp which basically only allows the volume to be altered and no other settings to be used and it really does sound great and i mean great.
I have also looked on you tube at ken playing and the sounds /echoes etc all seem good to me and yes there maybe something missing but does it matter,if you take into account that Hanks equipment would cost hundreds and hundreds of pounds along with some sort of mixer and a guy fiddling and adjusting all those settings to maximise
the sounds required then Ken yours is very good, I often think even if Hank gave me his famous red strat it would do me no good as i am left handed play left handed
so l would have to turn it upside down and inside out for it even to feel right and I still won't be any nearer this so called sound,because there's so much more involved just a few thoughts form a novice player.
Thank you everyone who has given me advice and contributed to this forum especially Dave who has taken the time to look into the settings and workings of the amp

Chris.
chris mcbain

Full Real Name: Christopher Mcbain

Postby dave robinson » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:08 am

As I already said, I haven't had the Katana 50 combo hooked up to the Boss Tone Studio so I'm not sure how much editing is possible.
I imagine though, that there is enough to shape a good AC30 tone as I remember being very impressed with mine back in 2017 before I switched to the 100w 2 x 12 version.
I didn't know at that time that the 100w version had more options other than power. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby chris mcbain » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:41 am

Hello Dave,
It's a pity I don't live nearer your home as I would have gladly lent you the 50 Katana for a few days to fiddle about with the settings and set it up for me and also give you the info to pass on to others on this site, I'm a little green when it comes to setting this gear up and tend not to go too deep into these things.

chris
chris mcbain

Full Real Name: Christopher Mcbain

Postby petercreasey » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:39 am

Peter

You don't stop playing when you grow old
You grow old when you stop playing
petercreasey

Full Real Name: Peter Creasey

Previous

Return to Gear