The 50th Anniversary Shads Guitar in action

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: The 50th Anniversary Shads Guitar in action

Postby Geoff Alderton LH » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:34 am

Hi all and good morning. What fantastic news, regarding Jet, and I am shure it's the first gig of many. Keep it up Jet It has to be good medicine.
Best regards Geoff.
Geoff Alderton LH

Postby buckshot » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:22 am

G'day All,
How much is this 50th Shads Strat and is it Made in USA and where are they purchased from?
regards
Buckshot :mrgreen:
buckshot

Postby rogera » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:21 am

http://www.oasismusicalinstruments.ltd. ... utfit.html

Price £5000

Made in the USA Fender Custom Shop

Available from Oasis Music (link above)
rogera

Full Real Name: Roger Allcock

Postby Amanda » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:21 pm

Hi,

Yes Jet is back in tomorrow for more "In treatment"

But nice to see him on stage!

Amanda
[Check Out My Meazzi Site: http://www.meazzi.org.uk
And Tape Echo Forum: http://ac15.org.uk/meazzibbs/index.php

You're Never Alone With A Mitzi!
Amanda

Full Real Name: Amanda Hambidge

Postby buckshot » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:13 am

Howard,
Thanks but I can't return private messages for some reason. Each time I try I get a red sign saying user doesn't exist. Can anyone help out here?
regards
Buckshot
buckshot

Postby noelford » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:51 pm

buckshot wrote:Howard,
Thanks but I can't return private messages for some reason. Each time I try I get a red sign saying user doesn't exist. Can anyone help out here?
regards
Buckshot

Don't write in the first text box. Recipient's name is automatically included so ignore the first box and just write in the large message box.
Attachments
panel.jpg
(34.79 KiB) Downloaded 8238 times
noelford

Postby buckshot » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:26 pm

Thanks Noel,
regards
Buckshot :D
buckshot

Postby Established1958 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:37 pm

I just wanted to let everyone know that Fender have just added the guitar to their Custom Shop web pages. They refer to it as a Custom Red 59 Stratocaster and they have started a new section "Uk (sic) Dealer Select" recognizing its unique status as the first and so far only UK dealer select Ltd Edition.
In the specification section they even acknowledge The Shadows as follows :Special Limited Run of 54 instruments with 4 reserved for the artists and 50 available to the public. Available only in the UK through Oasis Musical Instruments:
http://www.oasismusicalinstruments.ltd. ... utfit.html .They also refer to the colour as 985 Custom Red.
So there we have it. I may be wrong but I don't think Fender USA have ever put a Shadows or Hank related guitar on their website before.
I would also like to thank all of the members of the Shadows community for their support and kind comments.
Howard
Established1958

Full Real Name: Howard Gillespie

Postby OLDEREK » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:52 pm

Congratulations Howard that is fantastic, after two years hard work bringing this dream to life you and your shop deserve this recognition.......... :D
Here is the link to the Fender USA Custom Shop Web Site and The Guitar
http://www.fender.com/customshop/instruments/search.php?partno=9216999985
OLDEREK

Postby Stratstroker » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:00 pm

I have been down the road of CS54 pickups, heavy strings, EFTP and Vox heritage AC15 in the search for "that" or "those sounds" and have got reasonably close. But after belatedly listening to DM's soundfiles I have to say that these are the best I have heard. It's all there - the twang on the bass strings and the "quack" on the treble strings, and that quack has to my ears always been the missing piece of the puzzle,
(the chords in Kon-Tiki are absolutely superb). I won't accept arguments from those who can't or won't hear it that it must be a failure of their sound reproduction system because, and let's face it, when you hear an early Shads recording it is instantly recognisable as the sound we are all after whether you hear it being played in a disco, on the most sophisticated hi-fi system or on a cheap car radio or CD player. We anoraks know after just a few notes that we are listening to the original and not a sound-alike clone regardless of what it is being played on! But please note that I am not saying that recording techniques/equipment etc. do not make a difference, just that if the sound is there in the first place it will not be totally lost during the recording and reproduction process. I hope that makes sense!

I would dearly love one of these and would sacrifice all my 5 guitars to own one but at £5000 it will have to remain a (peace!)pipe-dream. I cannot wait to hear some more soundfiles once DM and the other lucky owners have really put it through it's paces!

Al.
Stratstroker

PreviousNext

Return to Gear