The 50th Anniversary Shads Guitar in action

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: The 50th Anniversary Shads Guitar in action

Postby OLDEREK » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:35 pm

I think maybe these all apply......... :D :D :D

Custom Red Strat

Cliff Richard Strat

Cleverly Reproduced Specifications's

Continue Remembering Sixties

Can't Resist Spending :D

Co-op Retail Services :D :D
OLDEREK

Postby David Martin » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:14 pm

CRS stand for Custom Red Stratocaster - except on Saturdays when it's Can't Resist Sausages!
David M
David Martin
Site Admin

Full Real Name: David Martin

Postby nigel » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:43 pm

So then its collesterol routine saturation is it !!!! :lol:
nigel

Postby shadhasher » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:04 pm

hi all
nice to hear all the praise for the new Shadows guitars,can anyone tell what brand and gauge of strings they are fitted with?
please?
shadhasher

Postby aardvarkd » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:13 pm

They are shipped with Fender 10-46s.
aardvarkd

Postby OLDEREK » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:21 pm

aardvarkd wrote:They are shipped with Fender 10-46s.

Have you got yours yet ????????? :D
OLDEREK

Postby aardvarkd » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:22 am

Derek,
Yes, it turned up on Wednesday. I have a number of Strats including Custom Shop models but the 50th is undoubtedly the best-built Strat I've ever had the pleasure to use. It falls into the 'plays itself' category. There's no doubt that Howard has put together a very full and impressive package of extras too. The sound (via an AC15 Heritage and EFTP) is there and the colour can be 'anything that anyone ever thought 34346 looked like', depending on the light. The bottom line on that, I suppose, is that Hank and Bruce say its correct and it is, after all, their tribute guitar.
aardvarkd

Postby Geoff Alderton LH » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:58 am

Hi all and good morning. 'Custom Red Stratocaster' well thats what CRS stands for. Sounds good to me. With all this talk of Custom Shop and Master Build guitars going on can I ask if anyone has registered for the Fender Custom Care service? This service is available to all customers who have either a Custom Shop or Master Build guitar. Its a world wide service and as an original owner entitles you to a lifetime warranty plus quite a few other perks. Has anyone had cause to use the service? Regards Geoff.
Geoff Alderton LH

Postby Geoff Alderton LH » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:12 am

Hi Aardvarkd. Peter its good to hear there are more Antoria lovers out there. I suppose I shold have put the pic in the Guitar section but did you see the pic I posted in Gary's posting 'Besides Hank' in the General section. It's the refurbished Antoria LG50 and now back with its owner Colin PJ. Regards Geoff.
Geoff Alderton LH

Postby aardvarkd » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:53 am

Thanks Geoff. Great picture - just like Hank's even down to the grain patterns. One minor difference is that his had the Antoria logo engraved on the tailpiece, but there seem to have been all kinds of minor varations on these models. Perhaps the restoration used another tailpiece? Mine (as a Guyatone-branded example) was the same as this but with block-markers on the fingerboard. Has Barry Gibson seen this one? Like you, I await details of the Drifter upgrade/reissue, which he promised would be a playable version of the design! I hope to hear C P-J on disc with it at some point.
aardvarkd

PreviousNext

Return to Gear