ToneLib & Zoom G1X/on & G1on

For anything to do with guitars, amps, effects units and any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

ToneLib & Zoom G1X/on & G1on

Postby chaddman » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:50 pm

Hi All,
I have recently purchased a Zoom G1X/on and installed ToneLib on my laptop. I already have the Zoom G3X which I Program with Zoom Edit & Share. The ToneLib editor is much more user friendly than Edit & Share and the G1X/on is an absolute bargain (mine was £45 delivered from GAK). The only difference I can find is some of the effects are slightly different on the G1X/on to the G3X and with the G1X/on you can only use 5 effects instead of 6. I do not use the AMP sims and find that 5 effects is plenty for most Shadows Sounds. I have copied quite a few settings from the G3X to the G1X/on (best I can) including Dave Robinson`s Patches. I have these Patches on a file which should be downloadable if anyone has a G1X/on and ToneLib. If anyone would like a copy please PM me.
Cheers Phil.
Last edited by chaddman on Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chaddman

Full Real Name: Phil Holmes

Re: ToneLib & Zoom G1X/on & G1on

Postby Ian Miller » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:04 pm

Hi Phil,

Have pm’d you.

Ian
Ian Miller

Full Real Name: Ian Miller

Postby chaddman » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:57 pm

Hi Ian,
Patches sent. I hope the download works if not let me know and I can send the Patches separately.
Cheers Phil. :D
chaddman

Postby Ian Miller » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:17 pm

Hi Phil,

Thanks very much, all received & loaded. I've had a quick look at the settings and they are very interesting, quite unlike others I have. Will give them all a listen tomorrow.
Thanks again.

Ian

ps. Have a look at the ToneLib forum, there's a discussion going on about the output of the Zoom pedals, you will see a post from me there-it's quite interesting.
Ian Miller

Full Real Name: Ian Miller

Postby chaddman » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:48 pm

Hi Ian,
Glad the download worked. Checked out ToneLib Forum about output very interesting. I much prefer ToneLib over Edit & Share it`s a pity it does not support the old G3X. I don`t know if there are any plans to support the older Pedals in the future or if they are just going to concentrate on the newer models.
Cheers Phil. :)
chaddman

Return to Gear