Cheapo Delay Unit.

For anything to do with guitars, amps, effects units and any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Cheapo Delay Unit.

Postby Bluesnote » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:19 pm

I know this is just about the cheapest you can go for an echo sound but does anyone know about the Behringer DD400 Digital Delay?
I'm looking for something slightly better than the sound out of my Vox DA5 built in effects while I'm over here in Canada and dont want to go spending too much as its only to be left here when I go back home.
Hugh.
Bluesnote

Re: Cheapo Delay Unit.

Postby Didier » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:42 am

Bluesnote wrote:I know this is just about the cheapest you can go for an echo sound but does anyone know about the Behringer DD400 Digital Delay?
I'm looking for something slightly better than the sound out of my Vox DA5 built in effects while I'm over here in Canada and dont want to go spending too much as its only to be left here when I go back home.
Hugh.

The Behringer DD400 is a basic echo pedal which is not likely to bring much more possibilities than the built in effect from the DA5. In the Behringer range, the EM600 would be more appropriate, although more expensive.
There is also the solution of a Zoom G2 (second hand or new) with Charlie Hall's patches.

Didier
Didier

Full Real Name: Didier Parot

Postby Amanda » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:50 am

There's also the Zoom 508 with Charlie's patches,
but they tend to go for silly money these days.
[Check Out My Meazzi Site: http://www.meazzi.org.uk
And Tape Echo Forum: http://ac15.org.uk/meazzibbs/index.php

You're Never Alone With A Mitzi!
Amanda

Full Real Name: Amanda Hambidge

Postby Bluesnote » Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:52 pm

Thanks folks. Its just a stopgap. Dont need a decent echo unit as its being played as quiet as possible due to me staying with friends.
Dont want booted out :o

I looked at some You Tube examples of guys using the unit but most of them are not far removed from what we talked about before when you visit a music shop nowadays with what the young guys play. Either banging away in full distortion or strumming away with some unknown examples of music. I know, I'm an auld git :roll: I was hoping that someone might use it to show what kind of "nice clean" sound it can produce in a kinda Shads mode if indeed it has such a sound :think:
Maybe scour the second hand shops to see if there is anything decent kicking about.
Hugh.
Bluesnote

Postby keithmantle » Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:33 pm

Try Marshall echohead (1 or 2) gives great multitap for little money.
keithmantle

Full Real Name: keith george mantle

Postby Didier » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:33 pm

keithmantle wrote:Try Marshall echohead (1 or 2) gives great multitap for little money.

The Berhinger EM600 does the same for less money, as usual !...

Didier
Didier

Full Real Name: Didier Parot

Return to Gear