Stolen 50th Anniversary Shadows Strat: Please Help!!

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Stolen 50th Anniversary Shadows Strat: Please Help!!

Postby Bojan » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:56 am

Tab wrote:
shadhasher wrote:
David Martin wrote:Sadly no news except that the box is now being subjected to forensic examination...

May i make a suggestion.
if enough people from this forum and other forums show an interest in wanting to buy this instrument,it could bring the culprit out of the woodwork,so to speak,rather than making it awkward and sending them him/her into hiding.
i really hope this guitar turns up.
michael

Good idea - is there a 'wanted' section on ebay?

On the other hand, if too many people suddenly start showing an interest for that particular guitar model, the thief (who for all we know could even be a member of this forum) could become suspicious and go even deeper into hiding. So, in my opinion, a few people, even only one or two, expressing interest to buy the guitar, would be much better "bait."
Bojan

Full Real Name: Bojan Drndic

Postby Hank2k » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:02 am

Whoever it is is going to find the guitar very difficult to move on. Its only going to be sold to a shads fan and most are on here anyway. Unless of course its someone that stole it for themselves and knew exactly what it was. Bet the real owner is gutted though, they will get the money back but will never have the guitar
Hank2k

Postby alewis41 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:16 am

Hank2k wrote:Whoever it is is going to find the guitar very difficult to move on. Its only going to be sold to a shads fan and most are on here anyway. Unless of course its someone that stole it for themselves and knew exactly what it was. Bet the real owner is gutted though, they will get the money back but will never have the guitar

I don't agree with that at all. The guitar can be sold down the pub for 20 pounds, never to be seen again. How long have the guitars stolen from the Shadows been missing? 40 years? This theft is almost certainly the work of a Fedex employee, the mis-routing is very easy to do and adds several days to discovery of the theft.

(Moderator's comment: as of this time, there is no evidence to indicate the involvement of FedEx employees in this unfortunate "disappearance". DavidM)
alewis41

Full Real Name: Andrew Lewis

Postby George Geddes » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:09 pm

There is a Want It Now! section on ebay...

George
George Geddes

Full Real Name: George Geddes

Postby des mcneill » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:18 pm

Hank2k wrote:Whoever it is is going to find the guitar very difficult to move on. Its only going to be sold to a shads fan and most are on here anyway. Unless of course its someone that stole it for themselves and knew exactly what it was. Bet the real owner is gutted though, they will get the money back but will never have the guitar

I owned a shop with very desirable Xmas stock in the center of Belfast for 30 years and had to get used to this sort of thing. On one occasion I ordered three very expensive items from California,but the manufacturer had a picture of the contents on the outside of the box,- two never got past LAX. The insurance companies pay up and nobody cares,somebody just gets an unexpected Xmas present. Sorry,but that's the way it is.

Des.
des mcneill

Full Real Name: des mcneill

Postby David Martin » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:54 pm

No news is... no news... :cry:
David M
David Martin
Site Admin

Full Real Name: David Martin

Postby Amanda » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:59 pm

I Bought a Roland Micro Cube from a shop in Ireland on Ebay,
it never turned up, but the seller put me another one in the post
the same day I rang them about it.

Of course the unfortunate thaing as someone pointed out is one
purchaser will never get their guitar :(

I think if it had been me living in Brighton and I'd bought one I'd have gone
to collect it.

Amanda
[Check Out My Meazzi Site: http://www.meazzi.org.uk
And Tape Echo Forum: http://ac15.org.uk/meazzibbs/index.php

You're Never Alone With A Mitzi!
Amanda

Full Real Name: Amanda Hambidge

Postby shadhasher » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:26 pm

alewis41 wrote:

I don't agree with that at all. The guitar can be sold down the pub for 20 pounds, never to be seen again. How long have the guitars stolen from the Shadows been missing? 40 years? This theft is almost certainly the work of a Fedex employee, the mis-routing is very easy to do and adds several days to discovery of the theft.

(Moderator's comment: as of this time, there is no evidence to indicate the involvement of FedEx employees in this unfortunate "disappearance". DavidM)

the problem with limited edition guitars when they get stolen is that who ever stole it or someone who might buy them probably don`t even know the true value of what they have,and then it ends up stuck in some lockup somewhere or garage getting rusty.
shadhasher

Postby BobGreg » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:21 pm

Amanda,

I have to agree with you, but this is hindsight, as we don't know if the purchaser was able to collect and probably was so keen to get it asap that FedEx appeared to be the best solution. We shall never know - any financial compensation from the insurance will not be viewed with any real enthusiasm in the light of reality. I feel really sorry for both Howard and the buyer.

On another note I must pop in to this superb music shop sometime, one of my daughters in moving to Ringwood in the New Year! However, I mustn't let on to my wife though as she'll sew up my pockets!

Although unlikely, I do hope that the forensic scientists get a lead on this. I'm sure that the perpetrator just doesn't realise just how hot this item is. Any unsuspecting buyer of this item will want to get it valued sometime in the future at a reputable music shop, and if they do then bingo!
BobGreg

Postby Established1958 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:41 pm

Hello everyone.
Just an update.
Fedex have called in the police and have cryptically informed me they are persuing an "inconsistancy" in someones version of events. More than that they will not say.
I have been in constant contact with the buyer of number 16 and I have been able to assure him that if the original number 16 is not found he will eventually have his guitar. Fender and I will not allow some light fingered little so and so to ruin someones dream.
Howard.
Established1958

Full Real Name: Howard Gillespie

PreviousNext

Return to Gear