Sonic-Pro Guitars

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Sonic-Pro Guitars

Postby wstagner » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:55 pm

Anyone here have any experience with these guys or their guitars?
They seem to feature lots of fiesta red strats: http://www.sonic-pro-guitars.co.uk/3.html#

TIA,
Walt
wstagner

Re: Sonic-Pro Guitars

Postby AlanMcKillop » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:05 pm

Beware. :thumbdown:
AlanMcKillop

Full Real Name: Alan McKillop

Postby wstagner » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:51 pm

Personal experience or heard things you can share?
wstagner

Postby dave robinson » Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:26 am

Yeah get one . . . . . :lol:
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby RUSSET » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:38 am

I have heard of them already, but I don't know what they're like, their origins, or know anyone who has one. They're not exactly cheap are they ? I would want to try one out before risking that sort of cash. There are perfectly good proper Fenders available for less cash, that you can try first in the shops.

Tony.
RUSSET

Postby Rover » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:32 pm

Hi, I bought the Hank Marvin model last year. Seems a good guitar, looks the part, plays very nicely, gives a good sound. The company is good to deal with. They will give you fender decals and hank marvinn decals if you ask. You can buy second hand from them as well at reasonable prices. Hope this helps.
Rover
Rover

Full Real Name: Roger Dyball

Postby dave robinson » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:36 pm

My experience with these guitars was a joke, I tried one last year because someone on the site said they were good. It arrived and when I opened it and tried it out - well to say I was disapponted would be an understatement. I have played better 'Encore' built instruments. It was built with what appeared to be 'very low budget' hardware and you could have driven a bus through the play in the tremolo arm. The neck was only thing good about it.
It was back in it's packing and returned to them the same day. Eventually they gave me a full refund - after accusing me of stripping it down and making adjustments, which I hadn't as it was obvious that it wasn't even worth the time and effort.
Like the guy just said, ''There are good Fender instruments in the shops and less expensive that can be auditioned'', but it's your call.
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby AlanMcKillop » Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:26 pm

Hi Walt, I knew that Dave had an "experience" and until he posted, I said beware.
AlanMcKillop

Full Real Name: Alan McKillop

Postby wstagner » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:01 pm

Thanks for sharing....I live too far away for an ez return/refund.

I'm not in the mood to pay over 3kUSD for one of the UK only available hankmarvinlike strats

I have a perfectly fine MIJ fiest red one, I would just like a perty birds I maple neck....3K is a lot to spend just for that.
wstagner

Postby KeithDodd » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:07 pm

Dave Robinson did seem to have a bad experience with his purchase of the Sonic pro, maybe just a glitch, i bought the HB model listed as second hand for £300, although you would have never known including a tweed case
and i have to say its a brill sounding guitar and very nicely finished and compares well with my long gone 1963 strat. A good few other respected guitarist who have heard and tried it out agree. Incidently, after 2 yrs of use the tremolo arm is as firm as you could wish for, and they will supply a 2nd one as spare if you ask Rick nicely.

Cheers...Keith Dodd
KeithDodd

Next

Return to Gear