Behringer V amp 2 anybody tried one?

For anything to do with guitars, amps, effects units and any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Behringer V amp 2 anybody tried one?

Postby d jones » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:43 pm

Hi all just tried a behringer V amp 2, amp modelling DI unit loads of effects and amp profiles ideal for linking in to the home stereo/hifi fits straight into any spare line/in.Nice thing about it is you can leave it set up next to the hifi just ready to plug in. anybody else tried one and your thoughts. I have used Behringer products in my line of work for many years and always found them to be well built and reliable, only ever had on mixer that was faulty and it was replaced very quickly with no quibble!

Dave
d jones

Re: Behringer V amp 2 anybody tried one?

Postby roger bayliss » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:45 pm

I have one and used it a lot over last 8 years till I got a PODxt and Tonelab later on but still got one ... good amp models and I believe others have them too in Shadowmusic.
American Pro Series Strat 2017, G&L S500 Natural Ash
roger bayliss

Full Real Name: Roger Bayliss

Postby d jones » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:10 am

Cheers Roger nice to know been new to the guitar and firmly planted in the novice bracket, ive also got a behringer echo pedel that also seems to be a nice piece of kit, as before well built. I went down the Behringer road purely on past experience of build and reliabilty!

Dave
d jones

Postby roger bayliss » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:28 am

OK Dave... I did buy my VAmp2 before the PODxt arrived and when buying I thought the Vamp had a great Vox tone and decided on that against the POD 2 which was available back then when I compared them at the shop. The PODxt if you get one of those is better still though as is the Vox Tonelab and the VAmp is getting a little dated by now although they have just upgraded it a little bit. The beringher pedals are fine but they do not do multitap echos suitable for Shads tunes .. a good unit to but would be say a Zoom G2iu with Charlies Halls EFTP patches installed for echos.. and they have good Vox models as well.. so unless you have got the Vamp I'd say the Zoom might be a better choice...
American Pro Series Strat 2017, G&L S500 Natural Ash
roger bayliss

Full Real Name: Roger Bayliss

Postby dobroman » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:28 am

Hi Dave,

I've got the Behringer V-Amp 3, and I am very pleased with it, I run a MagicStomp with EFTP, into it. Using the V-Amp for the CAB and reverb.

Although I only play for my own amusement, it seems to work well. I, too, originally got the Behringer vintage echo stompbox, but have now graduated to the MagicStomp . . . it's nice to have the different echos available to you. Having joined this and Charlie Hall's site, the learning curve is quite steep, always assuming you want to know that much about the Shadows and related stuff.

Of course, finance is obviously a major concern, but it seems that you graduate as you go on, and knowing a bit more about what's involved in "that sound".

Regards

Brian
dobroman

Full Real Name: Brian Ford

Return to Gear