Bugera Valve amps

Hints and tips on getting the sound you want. Includes anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; playing techniques; also amps, effects units, recording equipment and any other musical accessories.

Moderators: David Martin, Iain Purdon, dave robinson, JimN, George Geddes

Re: Bugera Valve amps

Postby petercreasey » 27 Feb 2012, 21:33

roger bayliss wrote:Bugera BC30 212 is fairly close in sound to an AC30 but not quite as full sounding I understand. Utube have examples to listen too. I think Behringher have something to do with these as they used to have them listed on their site for a while and their products are not always reliable but are cheap and good value.

How about these British made amps then ? anyone tried them ? Some are hand wired I believe.

http://www.haydenamps.com/products/#classic-series

Cotton Club 30 and 15 look nice EL84 amps

We were at a Blues Band( http://www.thebluesband.net)gig last week and Tom McGuiness was using a Hayden amp......... Sounded great!!
petercreasey

Postby Didier » 27 Feb 2012, 22:50

dave robinson wrote:It's possible that these Bugera amps are great sounding etc, but as one who has tried several different valve amps - boutique and otherwise, I have to concede that Vox was always the answer for Shadows music, followed by Fender (Blues DeVille in my case) and Mesa Boogie Mk III. The ones that I bought and tried were all eventually sold as I returned to the Vox - lesson learned. :idea: .

People who are interested by amps like Bugera are not professional musicians looking for the best, they only look for something as close as possible to Vox amps while being much less expensive...
And the Vox amps reliability being far from perfect, Bugera might not be worst...

Didier
Didier

Postby dave robinson » 27 Feb 2012, 23:31

Didier wrote:
dave robinson wrote:It's possible that these Bugera amps are great sounding etc, but as one who has tried several different valve amps - boutique and otherwise, I have to concede that Vox was always the answer for Shadows music, followed by Fender (Blues DeVille in my case) and Mesa Boogie Mk III. The ones that I bought and tried were all eventually sold as I returned to the Vox - lesson learned. :idea: .

People who are interested by amps like Bugera are not professional musicians looking for the best, they only look for something as close as possible to Vox amps while being much less expensive...
And the Vox amps reliability being far from perfect, Bugera might not be worst...

Didier

Yeah right Didier, I'll stick to Vox if it's all the same to you. :lol:
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby dave robinson » 27 Feb 2012, 23:32

dave robinson wrote:
Didier wrote:

Didier

OK Didier, I'll stick to Vox if it's all the same to you. :lol:
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby Didier » 28 Feb 2012, 09:34

dave robinson wrote:
Didier wrote:

Didier

Yeah right Didier, I'll stick to Vox if it's all the same to you. :lol:

I didn't wrote it was the same, apart may be for reliability ! ;)

Didier
Didier

Postby dave robinson » 28 Feb 2012, 09:49

I'm not sure what we are talking about here- or why I need to be discussing this any longer Didier, I'm through. :?
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Previous

Return to Guitars and Gear