Sonic-Pro Guitars

Hints and tips on getting the sound you want. Includes anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; playing techniques; also amps, effects units, recording equipment and any other musical accessories.

Re: Sonic-Pro Guitars

Postby wstagner » 24 Nov 2009, 19:08

Hi, Keith....thanks for teaching me a new slang word (brill) today!
Proves you can teach an old dog (me) new trix. :lol:

I did ring up Rick at Sonic Pro and had a nice chat w/him. We talked at length about necks and I learned more from him in 2 minutes than I've read on the internet!

Regardless of what I purchase, I have buyers remorse. I'm so bad that I have PRE buyers remorse. :o

Can you provide me what config your guitar is and/or post a few pix?

TIA,
Walt
wstagner

Postby KeithDodd » 25 Nov 2009, 00:59

Will try to load pic tomorrow, never tried on the new forum
Best....Keith
KeithDodd

Postby Bill Bowley » 25 Nov 2009, 06:32

Are these any relation to the Fender copies (fully Fender Branded)that I see on the Trade Tang website, made cheaply China but hiding behing a photo of a real Fender on the advertising? I know China does make some good guitars (Burns for instance) but there is also a lot of trash that wouldn't make the reject box as a Squier. I'm sure I saw a Sonic Pro Hank Marvin Sig version (with Sonic Pro branding) on the Chinese website at one time, pity I didn't tale a copy of the pic back then.

Here's a few pics from the Trade Tang website -spot the faults. Take a look at http://www.tradetang.com/for-sale/Free- ... 9019.html# if you are interested, particularly the narrative.;)
Bill Bowley

Postby Rover » 25 Nov 2009, 11:16

Hi, my understanding is that they are made in Newcastle. Also sometimes, depending on customer requests they fit fender parts, and kinman pick-ups.
regards, Rover
Rover

Postby Bill Bowley » 25 Nov 2009, 12:28

Newcastle is a long way from China, so I'm obviously way off the mark! :o
Bill Bowley

Postby dave robinson » 25 Nov 2009, 13:04

They are certainly ASSEMBLED in the north east - the parts on the one that I bought were third rate. There are quite a few who claim to build guitars but all they do is buy parts and assemble them. I'll stick with Fender ta . . . . .
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Postby JimN » 25 Nov 2009, 20:22

wstagner wrote:Thanks for sharing....I live too far away for an ez return/refund.
I'm not in the mood to pay over 3kUSD for one of the UK only available hankmarvinlike strats
I have a perfectly fine MIJ fiest red one, I would just like a perty birds I maple neck....3K is a lot to spend just for that.

You could get a very pretty one-piece maple neck made for a tiny fraction of £3,000, Walt.

JN
JimN

Postby dave robinson » 12 Jul 2010, 01:53

Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Previous

Return to Guitars and Gear