G&L Tribute S500

Anything to do with Fender, Burns and other guitars; also amps, effects units including eTap, plus any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

G&L Tribute S500

Postby dakes2 » Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:24 pm

just received my new G&L S500 Guitar, and have to say its the best guitar I have ever bought, after buying so many different guitars over the years, including USA and Japanese, i have to say this one beats them all for playability and tone, its just great for Shadows music and to me the tone is just perfect due to the wiring circuit and pickups, I already own a Tribute legacy and that is also pretty good, the only thing i can moan about is the available colours, i now have two G&L guitars in that blueburst colour, but at the end of the day its the tone that is more important to me, I would like to give a very big thank you to Dave R for all of his comments on this guitar, and pointing me in the right direction, I am now also happy as a dog with two bones.
dakes2

Full Real Name: John Dakin

Re: G&L Tribute S500

Postby dave robinson » Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:01 am

I'm pleased you found out how good these are John, I bought a second one this week in sonic blue and I gigged it On Thursday and Saturday, it was superb. My other S-500 is in that dark blueburst colour like yours and I have made the decision to spray it fiesta red so that it's more 'likeable' to me and will get used a lot more, as aesthetics are important in my opinion. Nothing against the dark blue, but from a distance it may as well be black and doesn't stand out like the red does. I'm preparing it tomorrow if we get some decent weather and should have it done next week when I will post photograph to show everyone. :)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Return to Gear