SUHR DISCOVERY EFFECTS/DELAY

For anything to do with guitars, amps, effects units and any other music making accessories

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

SUHR DISCOVERY EFFECTS/DELAY

Postby chris mcbain » Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:19 pm

Hello Shad Friends,
I have just been browsing on You Tube and came across a demo of the Suhr Discovery Effects/delay pedal which was from July 2021 so a new product out
there are several demos on You Tube but the one by a guy called Pete Thorn actually talks to Kevin Suhr about the effects pedal and during the video talks about vintage
type echo machines which he wanted to recreate it costs about £545 so not cheapest available , but my question is has anyone bought one of these and are they going to be
the way to go now the H&C is currently unavailable. They seem to be getting great reviews.
Sorry don't know how to put the link on from You Tube.
Thank you.

Chris
chris mcbain

Full Real Name: Christopher Mcbain

Re: SUHR DISCOVERY EFFECTS/DELAY

Postby dave robinson » Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:17 pm

Beware, I can't see anywhere where multi-taps are mentioned, essential for Shadows echoes.
The best one at that price point that will get somewhere close is the Strymon Volante.
From my experience here over only the past few months, I doubt there are many Shads players who would be impressed with it. :idea:
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby chris mcbain » Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:49 pm

Thanks Dave I thought if you saw the post you would be giving an honest opinion about it, I am not interested in buying this pedal just never seen or heard about it
and it's twice the price of a Blue Nebula which does a great job. But wondered what shads fans thought about it.

Thanks Chris.
chris mcbain

Postby Jay Bass » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:02 am

Jay Bass

Full Real Name: Jay Van Harte

Postby chris mcbain » Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:01 am

Hello Jay,
Just tried this site again and it came straight up, If you go on you tube and type in the following . Pete thorn review on Suhr Discovery pedal it comes straight up .

Thanks Chris.
chris mcbain

Postby dave robinson » Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:18 pm

Don't take my comments the wrong way, the question was related to Shadows music and suitability. It isn't suited.
However it does sound great, but so do many others. If you bought four of them you'd be able to recreate the correct patterns, but that would cost over £2000 and not guaranteed that it will sound like a Meazzi. For me, only Paul Rossiter has achieved that, sorry Charlie. ;)
Dave Robinson
dave robinson

Full Real Name: David Robinson

Postby Jay Bass » Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:43 pm

Thanks Chris
Jay Bass

Full Real Name: Jay Van Harte

Return to Gear