Full Real Name: Bill Lovegrove

Re: Burns Artist bass

Postby Billyboygretsch » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:53 pm

Hey this works thanks Ecca for putting me on to iy
Billyboygretsch

Postby Billyboygretsch » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:56 pm

Just picked up another Artiste Bass. When they do turn up they seem to sell for a lower price than the short scale sonic bass. Not sure why, as in my opinion, they are a much rarer better playing and better looking bass than the Sonic. Still bully for me I've got 2 now
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (10.9 KiB) Viewed 8423 times
Billyboygretsch

Re: Burns Artist bass + artiste de luxe Bison

Postby Billyboygretsch » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:14 pm

I have drooled over these pics since receiving them. Can recognise the Artiste de luxe bass with what looks like a clear secondary guard compared to the one with the brass plate.
The second bass pic looks like a transition between using the de luxe switching and controls and the Bison body. I have never seen one like this and hope Paul will comment on it. Thanks to Paul Day for sending them.
Have put up a brass secondary de luxe bass to compare
Sorry about the file size but can't get them any lower
Attachments
image.jpg
(20.43 KiB) Downloaded 7459 times
Last edited by Billyboygretsch on Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Billyboygretsch

Postby dusty fretz » Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:41 am

The Artist Deluxe bass is partnered by a pic of the prototype Bison four-string. This earliest example followed in the footsteps of the four-pickup Bison guitar, employing similar styling and the same construction, complete with a heel-less, glued-in neck/body joint. Note other shared features, such as the 'cigar-tube' tuner cover and Ultra-Sonic pickups, although the electrics were more akin to those on the Artist Deluxe. The bridge/tailpiece was also as per the latter, but unusual touches included the white-button Van Gent machine heads, wooden thumb-rest up near the neck, a body-mounted mute device clamped on the strings at the bridge, what looks to be a truss-rod cover aft of the nut and a 23-fret ebony fingerboard. The end result was very unlike the eventual Bison bass design, and also differed to the next prototype that appeared alongside the four-pick Bison guitar in the 1962 Rose-Morris catalogue, although this second version incorporated aspects of its predecessor and the eventual production model.
dusty fretz

Postby Billyboygretsch » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:44 pm

Try this
Attachments
image.jpg
(23.7 KiB) Downloaded 7446 times
image.jpg
(25.71 KiB) Downloaded 7446 times
Billyboygretsch

Previous