BURNS Noiseless pickups

For anything specifically about Burns guitars

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

BURNS Noiseless pickups

Postby Bill Bowley » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:44 am

Just had a meander through the BURNS website for the first time in many months and read the sales pitch on the noisless pickups by BURNS. Interesting stuff, however I sense a bit of 'deja vu' here, particularly when I remember what transpired between Chris Kinman and 'Fender'. Great to see that UK technology (BURNS) was able to solve the 'problems' of producing a noiseless pickup so well (as did Fender no doubt.) In the meantime, I''ll go back to playing my Strat fitted with 'made in Oz' Kinman pickups, (and the others fitted with 'Lace' offerings) and damn the noise! ;)
Bill Bowley

Re: BURNS Noiseless pickups

Postby buckshot » Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:16 pm

G'day Bill,
Kinman now made in Asia. Phillipines to be exact but the parts are sourced out of Asia.
Cheers
Buckshot :D
buckshot

Postby cockroach » Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:08 pm

Are the Kinmans any cheaper now then? Last time I looked they were about AUS $400 a set here in Adelaide SA

Could have done with some this afternoon at our Shads Tribute gig- I do love the sound of single coils but both lead and rhythm guitars and the bass were buzzing away on stage!
cockroach

Full Real Name: john cochrane

Postby Bill Bowley » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:56 am

Buckshot,

Thanks for the update re KINMAN manufacture! I don't feel so bad about buying Lace instead anymore!

Then again, we do have Asian 'Marvins' I suppose, so that is the way of things I guess. :roll:
Bill Bowley

Postby 51 Relic » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:24 am

Hi All
Talking about Burns Pick ups I own a Burns custom legend ( British made ) no 0115 what make of pickups are fitted to the guitar from new ? :?

Many Thanks Nigel :thumbup:
51 Relic

Postby René » Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:40 pm

51 Relic wrote:Hi All
Talking about Burns Pick ups I own a Burns custom legend ( British made ) no 0115 what make of pickups are fitted to the guitar from new ? :?

Many Thanks Nigel :thumbup:

Hi Nigel.

It might very well be Jim Cairnes pu´s

Cheers René
René

Return to Burns