Burns Comparison Whats The Difference

For anything specifically about Burns guitars

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Burns Comparison Whats The Difference

Postby Bill Bowley » Sun May 02, 2010 12:42 am

John,

Have a read of this review - http://www.burnsguitars.com/images/GB.83.Apache.pdf if the attachment won't open.
Hope this helps..........
Bill Bowley

Postby Bojan » Sun May 02, 2010 9:57 am

I have to say that I am absolutely delighted with the Burns bridge and tremolo system. It is so comfortable (I play between the neck pickup and the neck), and it is more sensitive and responsive than the Strat's trem (regardless of the fact that I have 12 gauge strings on the Strat and 11's on the Apache). As far as I am concerned, it is a superior tremolo concept with far better adjustability, and once properly set up, it works like a breeze. The REZ-O-TUBE definitely gives better sustain. I have tested both guitars for sustain (I have a really chunky "D" type neck on my Strat, which gives even better sustain) and the Apache wins hands down!

Finally, I love the truss rod adjustment system. The truss rod works in both directions and has a small gearbox system located behind the neckplate that makes adjusting the neck an absolute joy!

My Brason "Strat" is a fantastic custom made guitar and I love it; I'm just saying that the Burns Apache is not inferior to the Strat in any way. On the contrary!

Cheers,
Bojan
Bojan

Full Real Name: Bojan Drndic

Postby sgstandard » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:50 pm

I just recently bought the exact same red Marvin posted by John Boyd on page 2 of this thread. As stated in another thread, these are wonderful guitars. If that's $1,900 in USA $, it's WAY too much. I bought BOTH my Marvins off E-bay and both were in the $1200-$1300 including shipping from England to the US. I like the brightness of the maple fingerboard over my other Marvin, which is rosewood. NOTE: The neckplates on these new red Marvin Signatures are white, with the Shadows "silhouette" logo on them. According to Mr. Gibson, they were made erroneously. They should say "Marvin-1964". Future collector's item? Unlike the Apache, though, the Marvin Signature no longer has the thin slab of wood at the bottom of the neck pocket. That's just WRONG!! Oh well - You can't always have everything!!
sgstandard

Previous

Return to Burns