Burns at the O2

For any discussion specifically about Burns guitars

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Burns at the O2

Postby George Geddes » Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:30 pm

Spent the afternoon watching the DVD of Ball and Boe at the O2 in March. Noticed one of the guitarists was using a Burns Barracuda (in Shadows White).on a couple of numbers.

George
George Geddes

Full Real Name: George Geddes

Re: Burns at the O2

Postby Muzza » Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:22 pm

Hi! Just seen this post. I was playing the Burns for B&B at the 02. I’ve used it on more tours and sessions than I ever thought I would. A great guitar! I’m now looking for a Burns Marvin for touring too. Very pleased someone’s noticed it…
Muzza

Full Real Name: Murray Gould

Postby George Geddes » Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:47 pm

Hi Murray

A friend has a Barracuda, which I have played from time to time, though I actually settled for a sunburst Squier Bass VI because of the Jet Harris connection. I know what you mean, though. It's such a great sound that it is so tempting to use at any opportunity.

Good luck with sourcing a Marvin. I have a 2004 model and love the sound and playability.

George
George Geddes

Postby Muzza » Sun Sep 24, 2023 2:11 am

I found a Green burst Burns Marvin and am using it on the current Alfie Boe tour. It’s a great guitar and quite a bit of a talking point!
Muzza

Full Real Name: Murray Gould

Postby George Geddes » Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:58 pm

I was so eager to get one of the 2004 Marvins that I ordered a white one - then found out that there would be a small run of green sunburst! Regrets, I've had a few...

I have a white Baldwin Marvin which was heavily molded when I bought it and took a fair bit of work to return to its original state.

George
George Geddes

Postby alewis41 » Tue Sep 26, 2023 11:29 pm

Muzza wrote:I found a Green burst Burns Marvin and am using it on the current Alfie Boe tour. It’s a great guitar and quite a bit of a talking point!

Hey Murray, thanks for posting on here. It's great to hear from a contemporary artist. Not sure if you're still with Never the Bride but I'm hoping to catch one of their gigs in the next few months.

Cheers,

Andrew
alewis41

Full Real Name: Andrew Lewis

Postby George Geddes » Wed Sep 27, 2023 5:58 pm

Just realised Alfie is in Glasgow next Tuesday. Might have a look at getting a couple of tickets

George
George Geddes

Return to Burns