Well I am here like it or not !!

Where you can have your say about anything to do with the site

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Well I am here like it or not !!

Postby iplayhank2 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:29 am

Hi everyone in snowy UK. I only found this site a couple of days ago so I joined. I originated from Bournemouth so anyone out there feel free to give me a PM. I had my attention caught when I saw Waterlooville as I have been there quite a lot and my older sister and family live in that neck of the woods. I started playing in 1960 and am still trying to get the hang of some stuff. I was a foundation member of the Adelaide Shadows club such as it is and have lived in South Australia for 40 years.
I hope I can be a valuable contributer to the site along the way :lol: In the mean time check out my site and listen to some of my efforts to emulate the best muso's in history for me :roll: Go to http://www.Shadows-Adelaide.blogspot.com

Cheers

Ian (alias iplayhank2)
iplayhank2

Re: Well I am here like it or not !!

Postby Paul Creasey » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:22 am

Welcome, Ian!
You're right about "Snowy UK" - we woke this morning to a foot of snow, most unusual in this neck of the woods.
Keep on "Shadowing".
Regards
Paul
Paul Creasey

Postby KenE » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:34 pm

Welcome!

How popular is the Adelaide Shadows Club?
KenE

Postby Risky » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:22 pm

Welcome Ian from the Hankies club in snowy-white Great Wyrley, Staffordshire :crazy:
(ex-guitar player) - now a ukulele and ukulele bass player!
Update: After 10 years absence, now a born-again Hankie
Risky

Full Real Name: Phil Wolstenholme

Postby iplayhank2 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:18 am

Hi Risky
sad to say that Adelaide club is not well supported. Unfortunately it has been taken over by the wrong person and is rapidly going nowhere, I rarely attend myself and just do my own solo gigs as and when they arise.
It is sad because when we formed it about 5 years ago it had potentiol but when people loose sight of the goal and basically have there own agendas thats what happens. :crazy: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Ian
iplayhank2

Postby Risky » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:06 pm

Hi Ian

What you need is the magic Hankies Formula:

We don't have any of the following:

A Constitution
A Set of Rules
A President
A Chairman
A Secretary
A Treasurer
Annual Membership Fees
Weekly Subscriptions

All you need is a free room (Thanks Great Wyrley Sports Club!) and a collection of players in various states of senile decay. An ability to be able to fling a beermat accurately helps, but bringing cheese cobs along is even better.

Although there are no Club Rules, it is expected that everyone who gets up to perform receives a round of applause to boost their flagging confidence.

You Aussies need to lighten up a bit :lol: :lol: :lol:
(ex-guitar player) - now a ukulele and ukulele bass player!
Update: After 10 years absence, now a born-again Hankie
Risky

Full Real Name: Phil Wolstenholme

Postby alanbakewell » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:19 pm

And don't mention the cricket. :D
To know and have known the love of a little dog is a truly wonderful thing.
alanbakewell

Full Real Name: Alan Bakewell

Postby des mcneill » Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:06 pm

Risky wrote:Hi Ian

What you need is the magic Hankies Formula:

We don't have any of the following:

A Constitution
A Set of Rules
A President
A Chairman
A Secretary
A Treasurer
Annual Membership Fees
Weekly Subscriptions

All you need is a free room (Thanks Great Wyrley Sports Club!) and a collection of players in various states of senile decay. An ability to be able to fling a beermat accurately helps, but bringing cheese cobs along is even better.

Although there are no Club Rules, it is expected that everyone who gets up to perform receives a round of applause to boost their flagging confidence.

You Aussies need to lighten up a bit :lol: :lol: :lol:

Northern Ireland Shads club sounds similar,- but what are cheese cobs??
Des.
des mcneill

Full Real Name: des mcneill

Postby Mikey » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:37 pm

Hi Ian

I too originate from Bournemouth and although I didn't emigrate to Australia my aunt and uncle did in 1959 (I was 11) and they settled in Adelaide. I lost touch with them when my dad died and they must have passed away some long time ago. However, my two cousins went with them and they were only a few years older than me. One of them could play pretty good boogey woogey piano. Their names are Neil and Ray Davison. (Ray was the budding painist).I know Adelaide's a huge place but it's also a small world so you never know!
Anyway, welcome to the forum. It's good here!
Mikey

Postby iplayhank2 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:59 pm

Hi looked up Ray Davison and N and there are not many in SA 7 shown and N & R live near to each other? so who knows? One was Para Hills and the other Pooraka.

The idea of a club room sounds good if you can get it and that is where we went wrong !! :?

When I had a band in the UK we used to use The Globe Hotel at Highcliff for free as it entertained the clients ... Poor Sods :D

Ian
iplayhank2

Next

Return to Members' Comments