the dvd it's arrived!

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: the dvd it's arrived!

Postby drakula63 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:00 pm

I have now watched the Live at the 02 DVD a couple of times.

As with the experience of going to a couple of the actual gigs; I can honestly say that I have never seen a better live pop/rock concert. I am still literally astounded at how well they all perform. It does genuinely seem as though they are getting better as they get older! For me, the DVD is as perfect a souvenir as you could hope to get. Incredible camera angles (especially for Brian), well edited and the sound was faultless. It pretty much captured everything - including the sheer enormousness of the arena. The behind the scenes footage of them rehearsing was great and the brief interviews were nice. All in all, sheer perfection. I really cannot believe that anyone could be disappointed with this. Even for those who are not really into Cliff; if you just buy it for the nine Shadows numbers, it will still be money well spent as they have never played these better.

I very much look forward to watching it again. And again. And again...

:thumbup:
drakula63

Full Real Name: Chris Drake

Postby Didier » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:49 pm

wstagner wrote:Is there a complete DVD track list posted somewhere, yet?

It has, here it is again :

First part :
We say yeah, In the country, Gee whiz it's you, A voice in the wilderness, Living doll, Dancing shoes, I'm the lonely one, A girl like you, do you wanna dance.
Shadoogie, Dance on, Wonderful land, The savage, Sleepwalk.
High class baby, I could easily fall in love with you, Willie and the hand jive, Sea cruise

Second part :
C'mon everybody, Dynamite, Lucky lips, Travelling light, Time drags by, All shook up, Please don't tease.
Apache, Foot tapper, Atlantis, FBI.
I love you, The next time, Don't talk to him, On the beach, Summer holiday, Bachelor boy, Nine times out of ten, It'll be me, Visions.

Encore :
Move it, Singing the blues, The young ones.

Didier
Didier

Full Real Name: Didier Parot

Postby wstagner » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:57 pm

Thanks a lot.
wstagner

Postby alewis41 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:50 pm

gogarrio wrote:Has anyone in the States found the DVD for sale at a music or video store? Today I went to my local Amoeba Music, which carries some Region 2 DVDs. No luck. Will probably have to order from overseas.

I would be astonished to see it at a store here. You can order it from amazon.co.uk (region 2 of course) now, or amazon.com will sell it as a region 2 import at some point - The reunited CD is available now.
alewis41

Full Real Name: Andrew Lewis

Postby glent » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:49 pm

just got the DVD, really pleased with it, the camerawork and sound first class, thought cliff and the lads were in fine voice and form! they are getting better with each passing year, there,s no substitute for class, all brilliant musicians and performers, all my early favourites are there, and of course a few of the shads classics , look forward to wearing it out, play on people,,,tony
glent

Postby BobGreg » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:39 pm

Didier,

Thanks for the track listing - just done a cut and paste onto a card and inserted into the DVD. A missed opportunity to not have some material included as an insert!
BobGreg

Postby Didier » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:09 pm

BobGreg wrote:Didier,
Thanks for the track listing - just done a cut and paste onto a card and inserted into the DVD. A missed opportunity to not have some material included as an insert!

You are right, and I'll have to do the same myself ! :D

Didier
Didier

Postby Twang46 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:00 pm

Thanks from me as well Didier for the set list.
It's such an obvious mistake in the presentation of the dvd :shock:

Dick.
Twang46

Full Real Name: Dick Cruddas

Postby Didier » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:34 pm

Twang46 wrote:Thanks from me as well Didier for the set list.
Dick.

They obviously took some shortcuts to release the DVD as quickly as possible. No foreign subtitles for "behind the scene"...

Didier
Didier

Postby kittycph » Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:19 pm

Didier wrote:
Twang46 wrote:Thanks from me as well Didier for the set list.
Dick.

They obviously took some shortcuts to release the DVD as quickly as possible. No foreign subtitles for "behind the scene"...

Didier

No foreign subtitles on The Final Tour either. They must except that we all are very familiar with the english language. ;)
kittycph

PreviousNext

Return to The Shadows