the dvd it's arrived!

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: the dvd it's arrived!

Postby Didier » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:38 pm

BobGreg wrote:no cramped Bedford vans on this tour!

I have heard there are two enormous trucks to carry all the gear, but the Shads don't have to load and unload it themselves like 50 years ago !

Didier
Didier

Full Real Name: Didier Parot

Postby wstagner » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:14 am

I have a question. Can someone tell me if there are any choices on the DVD main menu other than "play movie" and if so, what they are?

TiA,
Walt
wstagner

Postby AlanMcKillop » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:39 am

From memory, you get play the concert, play individual tracks, bonus footage and sound set up.
AlanMcKillop

Full Real Name: Alan McKillop

Postby Didier » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:49 am

wstagner wrote:I have a question. Can someone tell me if there are any choices on the DVD main menu other than "play movie" and if so, what they are?

TiA,
Walt

The main menu is :
- Play concert (play the whole concert)
- Set list (play selected tracks)
- Audio set-up (choice of Dolby Digital 2.0 or 5.1)
- Behind the scene (16 minutes documentary)

DVD9, Pal, region 2 (no DTS or PCM audio tracks)

This for the standard edition. As far as I know the special edition DVD is exactly the same, the only addition is a 2010 Cliff Richard pocket diary.

Didier
Didier

Full Real Name: Didier Parot

Postby Paul Creasey » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:57 am

Didier wrote:
BobGreg wrote:no cramped Bedford vans on this tour!

I have heard there are two enormous trucks to carry all the gear, but the Shads don't have to load and unload it themselves like 50 years ago !

Didier

We parked close to the backstage compound at Sheffield Arena, and I saw the enormous trucks used to carry all the Gear. "Redburn(?) Transfer" - if I remember correctly, the very same truckers that The Shads have used for their tours over many, many years. I must get up into the loft, and check-out all my old programmes, but I think that there has been a high level of continuity over the years in the "support crew" that our Heroes have used.
Regards
Paul
Paul Creasey

Postby Bojan » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:05 pm

The concert itself is fantastic. Everything was perfect. I loved Hank's sound although I wish he had used more echo because I'm pretty sure it would have been THAT SOUND. Obviously a dry sound is his current preference.

My only disappointment was the DVD package itself. Very modest, just one compact DVD and that's all. No inside sleeve, leaflet, no accompanying text, nothing at all, not even a list of songs. The list of songs is not printed on the back of the DVD either, so you have to print one yourself (I always like to have a list of songs when watching a DVD concert).

But to end on a positive note, the concert DVD is a real treasure, which I'm sure I'll enjoy many, many times . . . until the next one comes out!! ;)
Bojan

Full Real Name: Bojan Drndic

Postby wstagner » Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:36 pm

Thanks for the details on DVD. Much appreciated.

Walt
wstagner

Postby tim.cooper5 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:11 pm

My only disappointment was the DVD package itself. Very modest, just one compact DVD and that's all. No inside sleeve, leaflet, no accompanying text, nothing at all, not even a list of songs. The list of songs is not printed on the back of the DVD either, so you have to print one yourself (I always like to have a list of songs when watching a DVD concert).

But to end on a positive note, the concert DVD is a real treasure, which I'm sure I'll enjoy many, many times . . . until the next one comes out!! ;)[/quote]

Hi All

My feelings too.

Tim
tim.cooper5

Postby wstagner » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:32 pm

Is there a complete DVD track list posted somewhere, yet?

TIA
wstagner

Postby gogarrio » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:47 am

Has anyone in the States found the DVD for sale at a music or video store? Today I went to my local Amoeba Music, which carries some Region 2 DVDs. No luck. Will probably have to order from overseas.
gogarrio

PreviousNext

Return to The Shadows