WOW! THANK YOU WARWICK CLUB

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

WOW! THANK YOU WARWICK CLUB

Postby Beatroute63 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:54 pm

What a meeting! Just returned from the Warwick club meeting this afternoon. It kicked off with our local band "Shazam"setting the pace,followed by some great work from several new faces to the club playing a wide variety of numbers to B/Ts. Quick break for an excellent buffet, then Ian McCutcheon demo'd 3 tracks from his new Workout 14+ cd--magic! Justin Daish fronted a blistering couple of sets featuring his Meazzi echo and a 1962 original Vox AC15.Several top notch 'Live' sets from new and regular faces followed ,by Daniel Martin going from strength to super strength. The 'sound' is safe in Daniel and Justins hands. Too much to mention, but a special thanks to 'the Hankies' the Berkshire contingent,all the new faces,and 'Shazam' and everyone who took the time out to suport the club. Brilliant afternoon------next one?-----28/March/2010

Richard.
Beatroute63

Full Real Name: Richard Dubber

Re: WOW! THANK YOU WARWICK CLUB

Postby ShadsDrums » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:32 pm

Hi Richard

Cindy and I had a magic time today. I thoroughly enjoyed playing the drums, especially backing Ian McCutcheon, Justin and Daniel. Brilliant players and a pleasure to be in the backline for them.

Lovely, friendly afternoon - thanks to you and the rest of the committee, as well as Dorothy, Joy, Audrey, Chris, and all the others who made us feel so welcome. We'll be back, as long as you'll have us!

All the best
Chris
ShadsDrums

Full Real Name: Chris Kenward

Postby Beatroute63 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:09 am

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the feedback. Glad you enjoyed it.

You will be more than welcome anytime.

Richard.
Beatroute63

Full Real Name: Richard Dubber

Postby Shadoogie » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:23 am

I would like to heartily endorse the comments. A fantastic meet with truly superb playing offering great enjoyment.

Thank you to all involved - I look forward to next time.

Geoff - a long standing Shadows fan and very frustrated non-musician!
Shadoogie

Full Real Name: Geoff Parkin

Postby ShadsDrums » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:29 am

Hi Geoff

It was great to meet you and Cindy and I were pleased you decided to sit with us to enjoy the day. Certainly hope we see you at the meeting after March (we'll be at Sussex for that one) and look forward to chatting with you again.

All the best.
Chris (and Cindy)
ShadsDrums

Full Real Name: Chris Kenward

Postby Shadoogie » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:33 am

Thanks Chris and Cindy - it was nice to meet you and many others from the forums.

I really did have a great time and look fiorward to meeting and chatting with you again.

Geoff
Shadoogie

Full Real Name: Geoff Parkin

Return to The Shadows