TWANG....Moving On.

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

TWANG....Moving On.

Postby Rich Cowling » Thu May 27, 2021 8:18 pm

A wonderful citation from many of those inspired by The Shadows.....reading the closing notes on the cd cover we are told to look out for Twang volume 2 ! Imagine a Sky Arts style concert this time along the lines of ('Roy Orbison and friends').... I doubt there is any footage of this first amazing CD in the making....just great content...see carried away again. but why not.
Rich Cowling

Full Real Name: Richard Cowling

Re: TWANG....Moving On.

Postby Rich Cowling » Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:44 pm

Rich Cowling wrote:A wonderful citation from many of those inspired by The Shadows.....reading the closing notes on the cd cover we are told to look out for Twang volume 2 ! Imagine a Sky Arts style concert this time along the lines of ('Roy Orbison and friends').... I doubt there is any footage of this first amazing CD in the making....just great content...see carried away again. but why not.

Nice to see the 'Twang' version of The Rise and Fall of Flingel Bunt in Hank's recent Spotify stream
Rich Cowling

Postby Rich Cowling » Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:47 pm

Rich Cowling wrote:A wonderful citation from many of those inspired by The Shadows.....reading the closing notes on the cd cover we are told to look out for Twang volume 2 ! Imagine a Sky Arts style concert this time along the lines of ('Roy Orbison and friends').... I doubt there is any footage of this first amazing CD in the making....just great content...see carried away again. but why not.

Would be interesting to hear the back story from Hank and Ben around this brilliant arrangement, it might already be out there and passed me bye....
Rich Cowling

Postby Rich Cowling » Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:07 am

The album certainly demonstrates that The Shadows music can visit other genres comfortably.
Rich Cowling

Postby iefje » Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:08 pm

Hank also played Brian May's version of "F.B.I." during the 1998 and 2002 solo tours. He introduced it quite amusingly: "We would like to play our version of the Brian May version of The Shadows version".
iefje

Full Real Name: Ivo Koers

Postby Rich Cowling » Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:30 am

Hadn't realised Ivo... I will look it out... I've been enjoying Brian May's covid sessions past few months he is such a great advocate.
Rich Cowling

Return to The Shadows