TUESDAY NIGHT was HANKIES NIGHT

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

TUESDAY NIGHT was HANKIES NIGHT

Postby Stratpicker » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:23 am

It felt like a “three line whip” last night with virtually all the members in attendance. Even I turned up! The fact that Daniel Martin and Justin Daish also turned up to play might have had something to do with it. Oh, and the enticement of those Cheese Cobs.
Anyway, a full night of brilliant music from all and much fun and many many ‘wind-ups’. 7.30 till gone 11.
Dan and Justin have become Honorary Hankies and will now answer to the name of “Malcolm” – both of them! Don’t ask – you weren’t there! They played some great Duo pieces (without BT’s :shock: ) as well as solo turns.
Good to see Risky (sicknote) Phil, Ecca with his Cakeocaster, Bakey, Roger Bayliss (thanks for the use of your kit mate – much appreciated), Amanda (who is mending my Zoom2000EFTP), ‘Poser’ Ray (we loves ya really ), Gerry the Burnstwanger, Keith the Cob King, all the Rogers, and loads of other players whose names I cant remember – well it is only 8 in the morning!.
See you soon and thanks for a great night!!
Cheers
Ian
Stratpicker

Full Real Name: Ian Plant

Re: TUESDAY NIGHT was HANKIES NIGHT

Postby alanbakewell » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:05 am

Quite right Ian, it was a great night. The standard of playing was extremely high. The stage presence, the talent, the looks, the sound, of course and guitar skills of the man himself.

Anyway, enough about me. :D

How good it is to see young talent like these two lads performing in our club. I've seen and heard Daniel many times before and enjoyed every time.
I look forward to the next time Daniel. Your Dad owes me a pound by the way. I bet him you'd clear off with my plectrum never to be seen again. 8-)

And now I've witnessed the unforgettable, Dustin Daish. Who could not fail to appreciate........what? Oh, Justin, that's it. :oops:

What I couldn't fathom out was, how is it that Justin got stuck into the Cheese and Onion cobs like there was no tomorrow and still is as thin as a Gypo's Whippet. :lol:

I closed my eyes whilst Justin was playing and..........it went dark.......... so I opened them again. Having heard his Meazzi as part of the sound he achieves
it's not hard to see why it is a sought after piece of kit. Along with all the other pieces of the jigsaw the sound was indeed a treat.

Seriously lads. A splendid night. It was great to see you. The music is in safe hands with the likes of you.

You are both welcome anytime.

Cheers, Alan.
To know and have known the love of a little dog is a truly wonderful thing.
alanbakewell

Full Real Name: Alan Bakewell

Postby keithmantle » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:08 am

A fantastic night, its a wonder Justin wasn't mugged for his Meazzi, what was his small amp/cube next to Amandas AC15 ?. Good to see Cuban heeled 'Beatle boots' back in fashion !!
keithmantle

Full Real Name: keith george mantle

Postby roger bayliss » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:56 pm

Yes it was a very well attended evening with lots of players waiting to have a go...

Nice to meet Justin at last and he is indeed as is Daniel a very good Shadows guitarist... Moonlight Shadow was spotless ! and the Meazzi has it all in terms of sounds it's the biz... looked great with those two lights on it as well ! ... I want one !

Yes there was soem great playing from all last night and a very varied reportoire it was...

Look forward to seeing Daniel and Justin again... :D they know what it's like to be called Malcolm alright !
American Pro Series Strat 2017, G&L S500 Natural Ash
roger bayliss

Full Real Name: Roger Bayliss

Postby Amanda » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:15 pm

Yes a great night indeed!

Daniel and I did some interesting tests with a little box I'd built, the
results were encouraging.

As usual I came home with more than I took, Daniel's Faulty AC15 Heritage,
Ian's faulty Zoom and a Schaller drum Echo machine belonging to Justin!

Daniel was an honorary hankie before last night, Justin has joined the throng
after his initiation at what I believe is the daftest club in the country!

Ecca gave his Cakeocaster a blast with "The Cruel Sea" watch those fingers move,
and broke a string whilst playing "The Sausage"!

A great night!

Justin and Daniel are likely to be at the Warwick club on Sunday!
[Check Out My Meazzi Site: http://www.meazzi.org.uk
And Tape Echo Forum: http://ac15.org.uk/meazzibbs/index.php

You're Never Alone With A Mitzi!
Amanda

Full Real Name: Amanda Hambidge

Postby MeBHank » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:43 pm

It really was that good, folks! I'm delighted that it was as bonkers as I expected (Ecca and Bakey especially!) and I am glad to be known as "Malcolm"! I'm looking forward to my first Warwick experience on Sunday and I really can't wait for my return to Great Wyrley. Thanks to everyone for making me feel so welcome (and for the cobs!).

J
Justin Daish
MeBHank

Full Real Name: Justin Daish

Postby ecca » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:57 pm

Yeah great night, never stopped laughing, lovely to have the two lads and Bill with us.
That blinking Bakewell caught me between two tables and did one.
What a whiffer.
ecca

Postby David Martin » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:49 am

Good to hear from you all... and especially splendid to know that the music is a good hands with Daniel and Justin...
David M
David Martin
Site Admin

Full Real Name: David Martin

Postby ecca » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:48 pm

Justin.... you got to play Moonlight Shadow at Warwick on Sunday...... you know why.
ecca

Return to The Shadows