Anyone Tried The Medion/Aldi £39.99p Camcorders For Utube?

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Anyone Tried The Medion/Aldi £39.99p Camcorders For Utube?

Postby sausage fingers » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:07 am

I had a browse around Aldi the other day and they had some Medion sports HD(camcorders) if thats the word. Anyone tried one of these for utube video recording, i'm not really interested in the sound side. I know the Kodak Ki8 seems to be the one to go for at the moment, but these things were half that price at around £60, any thoughts?
Edit...Looks like this was shot using one of them, nice bright objects though......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpMbwnt_u_8
Thanks
Rob :D
Last edited by sausage fingers on Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sausage fingers

Full Real Name: rob kay

Re: Anyone Tried The Medion/Aldi Camcorders For Utube?

Postby George Geddes » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:43 am

According to an ad in one of the nationals last weekend, they should have been down to £39.95 but one of our local Aldis still had them at 59.95. Google the brand and camcorder - I think the no. is s57002 or similar, and you will find mixed reviews. You will need memory cards to get more than a few minutes video though, and it apparently stores the videos as one of the less common formats so there may be editing issues. Still perhaps worth it if you get the reduced price...?

George
George Geddes

Full Real Name: George Geddes

Re: Anyone Tried The Medion/Aldi Camcorders For Utube?

Postby sausage fingers » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:53 pm

Just called in Aldi and the store manager was in so i asked him about the camcorder, they are on special offer for £39.99p(thanks for the tip George) even though they are advertised in the store for £59.99p. When the girl scanned it on the till it comes up as the lower price. So just for fun we now have a Medion MD 86064 H.D./ S47000 camcorder to play with, i'll try and post a few movie clips later if i can figure it all out :roll:
Rob :mrgreen:
sausage fingers

Re: Anyone Tried The Medion/Aldi £39.99p Camcorders For Utube?

Postby sausage fingers » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:46 am

Just to say the picture quality of these little units is pretty good for the price, not up to a four hundred quid unit but should be great for utube, just trying to figure out what format to save to and if you have to compress the file or not. I'll open a utube account, and upload a demo, as soon as i get it all together :roll: Not done any video type things at all so i'm a total newbie!
Just thought if these things work out o.k. it would be a cheap way for people to come out of the closet :oops: :mrgreen:
Rob :mrgreen:
sausage fingers

Postby George Geddes » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:05 pm

I noticed this morninmg that one of the Glasgow stores has now marked them down to £39.95

George
George Geddes

Full Real Name: George Geddes

Postby sausage fingers » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:49 am

Just posted a short clip recorded on this little unit in the sound file section.
Rob :)
sausage fingers

Return to The Shadows