Brian B mentioned on BBC4

Only for the Shadows, their music, their members and Shadows-related activity

Moderators: David Martin, dave robinson, Iain Purdon, George Geddes

Re: Brian B mentioned on BBC4

Postby Uncle Fiesta » Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:59 pm

drakula63 wrote: ... Game of Thrones springs to mind... how many people can whistle that tune or will be whistling it in 30 years time ...

So how many Emmys have you won then?
Uncle Fiesta

Full Real Name: Steve Tebble

Postby drakula63 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:58 pm

Uncle Fiesta wrote:
drakula63 wrote: ... Game of Thrones springs to mind... how many people can whistle that tune or will be whistling it in 30 years time ...

So how many Emmys have you won then?

Strange thing to say. I'm not a composer. But, if I was, I suspect I would have won loads (and I say this in the full knowledge that the best man doesn't always win).

Happy New Year.
drakula63

Full Real Name: Chris Drake

Postby Iain Purdon » Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:51 am

MartcasterJunior wrote:My memory of that KPM gig was that Grandstand was an encore (it was played as an excerpt at the end of a sports themes medley earlier in the night). BB had played on the track prior to this and stood up to exit the stage and make way for Ralph Salmins (who I think had played the earlier sports medley), who either wasn't ready or couldn't get to the kit as it was a very tight squeeze on the stage with all those horn players) Keith Mansfield started the count-in so BB sat down sharpish and had to 'read the dots' for the piece, which obviously he had no problem doing but he had his eyes on the music pretty intently through the whole thing.

Matt

That's a great story, Matt! I didn't realise Ralph had also played on that gig. And of course BB doing an impromptu read of the dots is just what you'd expect of a pro like him.
Iain Purdon
site admin group
Iain Purdon
Site Admin

Full Real Name: Iain Purdon

Previous

Return to The Shadows